5psi boost!!!!!!!

andru

i had my volvo s40 2.0lpt chipped about 18 months ago and all was great.dont know when it happened but i have realised that it was not a quick as it was just after it was chipped.I fitted a boost gauge to it and the maximum boost under any conditions is 5psi! i was expecting about 13 or 14 psi.no wonder the car feels under powered now.Any ideas what could coase this to happen.Could the chip have been flashed accidently by the volvo main agent who does all my servicing and how do i tell.

Thanks

scottramsey

easiest test is to get the car scanned for codes...if there are any stored codes the ECU on Volvos can pull back boost. Otherwise, check for boost leaks.

The car is usually running in limp mode/safety mode if it's only 5psi boost. The S40 should be running roughly 8-9psi boost stock and around 16psi with chip.

Usually a bad DV, boost leak, broken vacuum lines, and alot of stuff can cause the car to run in limp mode. IT is best to scan the ECU for any codes which will usually tell you the problem

Gary

andru

had the car checked out it was running in limp mode with an error code that i have now forgotten i found out that the wastegate actuator is broken.Now my problem is to source one at a reasonable price.any ideas?
:confused:

andru

just found out that volvo over wrote my ecu with a standered one during a service or other maintanence.I have had it rechipped by simon coe but it is still not boosting correctly i have fitted a new actuator and a new pressure relief valve and wound in the actuator arm about 3 full turns.Any Ideas?

thanks