Auto Service

sLIVER

Had the car in for an oil change (2002 VW 1.8T Jetta) - and the dealer took it upon themselves to fix the recalled heated seat switch, no biggie.

When I pulled off the lot - It seemed that all the torque and hp was gone. A bud of mine suggested that the car was re-learning as they probably pulled the batt cable.

Does this sound right? I still haven't noticed a huge torque return - and it's been almost a week.

Thanks. :confused:

scottramsey

use a VAGCOM tool to check block 115...requested boost. you can also look at block 002 to check the MAF flow. If the dealer did a re-flash, these would be back to stock levels. I assume they'd tell you if it was re-flashed. o_O

sLIVER

Thanks for the reply.

You'd think that the dealer would tell you if they flashed it...I hope not. I've been having surging due to the stock DV valve - so I'm just hoping that perhaps the valve is the main source of the problem.

Turbo Bora

Make sure the dealership did not unplug something, or over fill the crank case. If they pulled the Battery cable they would need to do a TBC.

More than likely they did not do a Throttle Body Adaptation.

With the hood up and the driver's door open (so you can get out and listen to the process) put the keys in ignition and turn on Accesory Power. Make sure no lights, radio, or other power using devices are on. Do not touch the go pedal while doing this. Let the car sit for a full 5 minutes (high pitch noise stops after 30 seconds). Make sure to wait the whole time period.

When 5 minutes have passed turn the key from Accessory Power to start the engine (locks in the calibration). Do not remove the keys until you have started the car. Test drive the car. If you still feel weak then you should use a vag-com to read/clear the DTCs/CELs.

Check your MAF sensor.

Check the oil level.

Check that all plug connections and vacuum lines for unplugged lines.

Check the tubing line going to your airbox is it unplugged?

Check your Air Intake from the snorkle to the MAF.

Hop on one foot while holding your breath for 3 minutes. :D

sLIVER

Well. Did the DV and the suggested post. I'm still feeling something is missing - but I'll drive on it for a bit and see if things improve.

Dang - hope I don't have to resort to dealer labour to tune this up...
;)

Turbo Bora

Didn't you e-mail me and tell me that the throttle body calibration had not been done? You said you did it and now everything is fine...?