To Alex

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hi,
I have resent you the new chips today, to be sure.. so, if the first package was lost..this one should arrive. Please let me know, when you recive it.
regards
Ali :)

Flying Ibiza

just received the chip about 1-2 weeks ago, but been very busy
i´ve installed the ney chip, but I can´t see any difference from the other one, still a lot of power in lower rev´s but looks the same in high rev´s, and Alex said it would smoke a lot before I install the ney fron intercooler, but it smokes the same.
are you sure the chip isn´t the same as the first? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
thanks

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Sorry we have been on vaccation :D
The file should be a lot stronger at the higher RPMs ??? I'm confused at this point. I've asked Ali (who burned the chip and sent it) if he has burned the correct file, and he agreed (with pretty high surance) Anyway, I will check this out and we will find a solution...
sorry for the delay...
...alex

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Just to let you know about the previous e-mail problems, it was our fault. All e-mails to office@upsolute.com disapeared... It should be fixed now :D
...alex

Flying Ibiza

Hi Alex
I´ve monted a complete exaust system on my ride, downpipe, central pipes, etc, and done some tests
without the chip, the car climb´s rpm´s and look like a petrol car, getting most the power on high rpm´s, and with the chip, the power in the high rpm´s is almost identical as without the chip, but having a strong low rpm power, look´s like the car get´s "strangled" when it passes the 2.500 rpm´s range
can you do something about this?
thanks

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We will try to work something out, however Ali has reported that you have already got a 'high RPM' Version, I will discuss this with him, and we will send you an updated version :D
...alex

Flying Ibiza

Alex, I´m changing car tomorrow.
a Audi A4 Avant Tdi (110hp) '1996
If I wanted another chip it would take a bit long, removing the ECU and all, so I´d like to know the price of the Upsolute Box, and what type of gains I would get in this car, I´m looking for a solution that gives me the entire rpm range, don´t care if I have small improvement on power, just to have it a litlle bit stronger but on all rpm, instead of the one I had in the Ibiza.

Thanks
Tiago Freitas

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I do not recommend the box over the chip! You will always get smoother and cleaner power over the RPM band with a chip, the box will never give you the same benefits... Please send an e-mail for the pricing information, but don't say I have not warned you about the performance/smoothness...
...alex

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I was in the impression your question has been answered, and I have not found an e-mail in your inbox...So either it has been answered or it has not arrived us :(
...confused...

Flying Ibiza

Alex, here is the e-mail I´ve sent you

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hi Alex

Just read your reply, I could do with the chip, but the one I had had that "problem" I told you, very srong low rpm but above 2.000 2.500 rpm original engine power, if I make the chip on this one, I´d prefer lesser power but constant over the entire rpm range, as the original program, but only stronger :).
I´d have to make a new purchase on a new chip or I can send you the 2 chips? Í have as I´ve traded the car fully original, (received the Audi A4 Avant TDI (110hp) '1996 today). :)))
In a more conservative chip as this what sort of gains may I achive? This car seams to run as fast as the one I´ve had (this is an Avant and the other is a 1.100Kgs car with no seats in the rear), very strange, seams to have a shorter gearbox.

Best
Tiago Freitas
(Ex Flying Ibiza) now Flying Audi??? :)))
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Thanks
I´ll wait for a reply from you
my e-mail is tiagofreitas@netmadeira.com
Best Regards

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Hi, sorry for the late reply, but about your e-mail ... Ali has already answered your question. You can ship the ECU to us. We need to solder in sockets again, and make a new program. The old chips are 'useless' since they will only work in exactly the same ECU you have had in your Ibiza. We can of course make a more conservative chip, but however torque is what the TDIs are known for. So the standard version (of the chip) feels strongest at low RPM. The top end is raised also, but it may not feel that strong since the torque is much way higher than at the original chips. We can make a chip with less torque, this will make you feel the top end stronger, but in fact only the lower end is not as strong. Whatever you prefer....
...alex