VAG-COM

How many of you guys out there that have been UPsoluted have also gone and bought VAG-COM program? I have found a supplier in the UK for the RS232 / OBD 11 interface. I have ordered one and will post when I have it.
FROM andywhittaker.com in the UK. £7.00 for the bare board or £35 fully built plus the cables plus the OBD 11 plug (£7.00)I guess cable to be about £10 to make up
Alex is the switchable chip available to me yet :)

marriedblonde

the only problem is that if u don;t pay for the softwarelicense the vag-com software's not much use as u can;t do logs and adaptions and stuff...plus the real cables only like a $100 but you get support with that as well....
And yes I did buy the proper version of the software and cable...

MildlyDisturbed

http://www.ross-tech.com is where I got my hex-com (it's a vag-com). Downloaded the software and it works without registration as long as you have their cable (or, the cable is the registration).

Beautiful product. It let me get out of limp mode when my car kicked into it (a problem I've had for months before the upsolute) while I was on the road, so rather than driving 160 miles back home in limp (no turbo) I was able to reset the false readings and get on home.

Turbo Bora

UPsolute sells the Ross-tech Vag-com. I think that is what Rene was trying to tell you.

Buying the OBDII connection cable is great. Does it work without the software? Nope! Does the knock off work to protect the unit from the effects of an after market stereo system? Probably not.

You can get the Vag-Com from UPsolute or Ross-Tech. An activation code is no longer required with the latest units. I have the Hex-USB and the Hex-Com (DB9).