Volvo s40 (b4204t4) 14T swap, 550 cc injectors, 3" turbo exhaust, chiptune

1.9tfizzle

Hello,

My name is David and i Live in the U.S..I spoke with Rene Berube about doing a chiptune for a 2004 volvo s40 (1.9L B4204T4)...i would like to let you know at the main headquarters about what i have for whoever can help me with the details of the chiptune..
what i have done and installed on the car already
- swaped stock 12 turbo for (appears and looks to be new)14T turbo and i have it connected to stock 12T twin scroll housing.
- installed 3" turbo back exhaust with NO CATS, all straight through from turbo to muffler tip
-have stock 420cc red top injectors installed
-stock intercooler setup

what i have on the side
I also have new RC 550cc injectors which i was going to install but Rene B. told me to hold off until he maps the program based on the stock 420cc injectors... these injectors are the direct fit replacement for our cars....as i was told and has been determined the stock injectors (420cc) are at 90% DC or near capacity after the tune...so i bought these to handle the extra fuel flow to work at a lower %DC...80% or below based on 240HP
http://rceng.com/Saturated-Injector-SL4-0550-P31C6.aspx

For 236hp at a b.s.f.c of.65 for max D.C of 80%... minimum 503.34cc injectors are required- for example..this is why i bought 550cc, it is the closest and best fit for this application, with added 3" catless exhaust, K&n drop in filter...

also just for clarification and informational purposes;

ive read you're chiptune calls for a 1bar program around 14.7
pounds...so my question is if it can be altered with a EBC or MBC to
further the boost or will i have to stay that way due to the placement
of the MAP sensors:

NOT SURE IF following IS 100% TRUE BUT RECIEVED WORD FROM A MEMBER
WHICH EXPLAINED THE FOLLOWING;(take with grain of salt)

"Phase 1 (98-2000) has the sensor mounted on the firewall, because it
uses it for barometric correction in open-loop boost control. That's
why us with the earlier cars don't see CELs when winding the boost up
with an external boost controller.

Phase 2's (2001-2004) sensor is in the manifold and is used for
closed-loop boost control. One would imagine that as long as you're not
going above what the MAP sensor can read then Upsolute would just be
able to set a higher boost target like you do with other engine
management systems"

-thus im asking about altering boost levels givin by chiptune with MBC
or EBC.

I was wondering if i can get a program for;
14T in a 1.9T u.s spec car with complete 3" turbo back exhaust with NO cats AND RC 550 injectors.....the 420cc injectors will support the upsolute tune but have been determined to run at 90% DC or more...therefore i have the 550's to run at 80% DC with this particular chiptune or HP increase...please get back to me as i NEED details on the best map you have for this application...
what bar or psi boost programs do you have and if they can be altered larger with EBC or MBC devices for further boost...please contact me back

Rene explained to leave stock injectors in and to try the basic map they have (which i beleive is for 1 bar) and if i want to put in the 550's later i would have to send ecu for remap so i was just wondering the details on this and if it can be done for the 550s in 1 shot. if a 1 bar program is all you have that works best that fine..just wanted to know details on the injectors and know the details

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

thanks for your posting. We have replied to your mail.

best regards

1.9tfizzle

I was also wondering how many times can you re-chip or re-map a car before it starts to become dangerous to the ECU board?...as i understand i would have to go this route in order to fine tune the base map that will be installed.

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Hello,

there is no limit, it depends on how clean and careful the soldering job is done. Your car has a Siemens ECU. This ECU has a kind of metall-foil inside, which requires careful working.