Hello,
I live in athens,greece,
I have a skoda superb 1.8t (longitudinal)and I am wondering about
the possibility to add a turbo kit to reach higher levels of power
I have in mind something like the atp racing gt28rs kit
GT28RS Kit - click here

BUT
the problem is of course software

maybe upsolute has a possible solution for me?

if not, does anybody have a reliable idea?

my car has an Abt stage1 program, along with 70mm full exaust and fmic
could the new setup work with my existing software?

any comments are welcome

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We have already done some K04 files for the US, and I have the K04 charger in my car also (changed from K03), so a solution can be worked out of course... the problem is, that there need to be done testing with the car (measurements and fine tuning), it depends on your location if this can be done..

DonR

Alex their may already be a solution...the software that was created based on my ATP II setup with the GT28R turbo. There are a few already using it with the RS and other big turbos with great results.

Yoda, if you contact Rene rberube@upsolute.com he can further direct you to a possible solution.

Here is my last dyno that I made with the Upsolute BT V3 (Red & Green) in comparison to V2 (blue).

If you are intertested to find out more on my progression with the Upsolute custom tuning BT program you can do a search on Don R and MRP2001GTi who has a GT28RS.

I hope this helps :)

vagspeed

That's great to hear :)...I wonder how different it is from the SW I'm running?...

we are runing the following:

Car: seat leon 1.8 t 180 hp stock FWD

GT28 RS atp kit.

ATP front mount intercooler

440 cc green tops injectors

3" bastuk exhaust system + atp cat+ atp v-band system 3" donwpipe.

3 bar FPR.

Forge motorsport 007p

N75 stock.

boost 1.45 bar peak, keeps boost over 1,1 bar till red line. Boost presure 1.25 bar at 6000 rpm :D

Still waiting for the dyno.

QuA

Thats awesome. Would the software work for a tiptronic 1.8T 2003? I know theres not too many big turbo's on a tiptronic/auto but that would be sweet if the program works on both platforms.

Thanks,

QuA

René

We have a good file we will call version 4 it needs to be adapted to all the 1.8T variations. , remember though that each car is different and you might need to tweek it.

DonR

I had dynoed since I last posted but unfortunatley I had a bad MAF and a malfunctioning Primary O2 sensor. The car is back to running as it should and I just recently ordered a LM-1 Wideband to get some real-world data of the fuel curves upon it's delivery.

cruiser

@DonR

Are you using the stock N75 or a boost controller (like Greddy)?

Soon I will buy the atp-kit, but i want to know what you guys doing with boost??

Marco

DonR

I was using a boost controller but now got back onto the stock N75. Upsolute has to work on eliminating part throttle overboost limp.

cruiser

Hmm, that's a problem. I've read your topic in the other board "chiptuning discussion".

Ok, i will let my N75 in the car. But for your info: Has you tested the N75J or my own favorit N75K ???

I had great experience with the both update wastegate solenoid N75.

Marco

DonR

Marco, I have tested all except the K which I have hear with me. I will indeed try it out and let you know. I am happy with the J thus far.

What were your findings?...

cruiser

I has began with the N75C but this wasn't funny. Then I installed the N75J and it was great. The car spools up quickly and has a good throttle responsibilty.

Then I studies the cars who has a N75 built in. I found the N75K which was built in in the famous RS2 from Audi.

The N75K isn't so hard at 3.000 rpm like the N75J but you have more boost pressure about the same range. Especially about 4000 rpm you have with the "K" more boost and power. You can really feel the extra power in relation to the J.

If you want to test it, here is the number of Audi: 034 906 283 K.

Marco