2003 Tiptronic 1.8T Upsolute problem?

QuA

Ever since my new upsolute custom program my car runs much zippier in the first 3 gears. But whenever I try to redline 3rd - 4th my car hits limp mode. Sometimes it hits limp right at 5800rpm. This happens in 4th - 5th gears as well. The 1-2-3 are perfect. I thought it was my n75 so i changed back from F to J and still the same. Then I got a mbc to lower my spike and still the same.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
To you have access to a VAG-Com or simmilar to check out which error is thrown by the limp mode?

QuA

It threw an overboost code on the vagcom. I talked to some other people and they mentioned how the tiptronic would always hit limp if a MBC was installed with or without the n75. I did some vag logs to see what the maf etc and spec/actual boost readings were. My specified boost only hit a max of .85bar and varied from .79 - 0.8bar This is a custom file I requested for more boost. We also tested a 1.4bar program on another car from another supplier which had 1.4bar peaks and around 1.2bar holds. Could I get a file made to up my specified boost from .8bar to higher? Possibly 1.1-1.2?

I thought my MAF was dying but i was seeing 130-154g/s. Also with my new FMIC it seems my 3-4 gear surge is gone but my 4th-5th gear surge is really bad. 4th gear from 6500rpm to 5th gear it would snap to 5 psi back to 15-12-15 then settle to hold. Only during a gear change.

ACEdubs

This is whats happening EXACTLY to my tiptronic Jetta. I'm thinking about trying out a different company. It surges sooo hard, I think it'll damage the turbo after a while.

20V1.8Tnut

I have a 4-speed and I think my problem is even worse:
In a part throttle or WOT as soon as my boost comes to over 10 PSI, it goes into A/F above 11:1 and the boost goes to near zero. It does not throw any codes beside "maximum charge pressure limit reached" and the requested boost is 20 PSI. I cant even go over 3500 RPM. :confused:

QuA

I think its a problem with upsolute has with the tiptronic file. This never happened before I got my custom file put in. Maybe some fine tuning with the software to make it work right. I wouldnt waste money in changing companies... you could do a trial with another company and test it out. Best way is to get a fix or isolate the problem so other fellow Upsolute Tippers can get it resolved.

This is whats happening EXACTLY to my tiptronic Jetta. I'm thinking about trying out a different company. It surges sooo hard, I think it'll damage the turbo after a while.