Alex - Upsolute coming to a UK VW/Audi meet again?

mik

Alex,
I've heard that several folks were UPsoluted at a recent GTI International event here in the UK.
Do you plan any similar events in the future?
PS - I'm having major problems accessing threads on this BBS (have tried two different computers) and keep getting the message below....have to refresh page up to 20 times to get message to appear....frustrating
--------------------------------------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, upsolut@upsolute.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.3 Server at www.upsolute.com Port 80

MikeM

Hi Mik,
Know what you feel like, I was one of the lucky ones that got upsoluted at the May GTI. It took us quite a while to get enough people committed to this and for a particular weekend, and it needed Alex & his team to be prepared to come over & for a very hectic time.
Try and raise some more folk on the board ... maybe you can tempt him.
Mike
Exeter
PS, I look in most days to the board & haven't had any problems.

mik

Ahhhh-ha! I see.....
Alex - how many "agreed" customers would you need to agree to this?
Thanks,
Mik

mik

Actually I just had a really crazy idea....
I can get an easyjet flight from Glasgow to Amsterdam for the same money as a packet of peanuts.
Is your rep close to Amsterdam (then I could hand carry my ECU, and still save loads).
Another alternative is Geneva.....a little more difficult, but not impossible????
Alex????

1.8Turbonut

Mik/Alex,
there is a good chance that many of the people you chipped in May would be very interested in an upgrade to the remote switchable arrangement. Therefore if some new people came along with a few old faces for the upgrade, you'd have enough cars to do to make it worth your while ;)
But you have to decide and let us know how many is enough :eek:
BTW i've not had chance yet to fit the new chip (still love the old one!).
We have another Gti International next month, and as you dont seem to be any nearer to getting a UK distributor sorted then it's the only chance for many people here.
Keep up the good work :)
Jon

RallyeBaz

Thanks for the quick turnaround. Certainly a good move all going on holiday the same time.
Sorry but you can take my name off as I bought a power module instead!!!!!

Powco

Just a note to say that I'm another interested in the Upsolute chip install. Currently with a Belgian Tuning Box which is good but I would prefer the chip. 98 Passat 110 SE TDI Auto.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Thanks for your interest in our product, however I don't think that we will be able to join the meeting again :(
We are in urgent need of a distributer in the UK area, so if you could help in finding one, it would be a good solution for all of us...
Mik, by the way, we have a distributer in the Netherlands, contact holland@upsolute.com for further information...
...alex

MikeM

Hi Alex,
Welcome back!
About finding a UK distributor ... can you give some idea of what you're looking for in terms of skills, equipment & experience. I mean so that anyone thinking about who to suggest/approach has some idea of what's involved.
My inexpert guess is they would need
- experience of modern car electronics/controls/equipment etc.
- skills associated with electronic equipment handling & adaptation (esp pcb component familiarity/repair disassembly & reassembly
- ICT skills & experience ... esp regarding eproms, incl. downloading/replacement of files
- customer support & business skills & teamworking skills for within your own network

Hmmnn ... maybe some of your existing distributers would care to comment as well.

Well, anything that you care to suggest that might give folks in the UK keen to get their cars done a better chance of finding/suggesting someone appropriate.
Mike
Exeter, UK '96 Passat TDI Estate
... and thankfully already "done"!

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
MikeM I really appreciate your support eaven after you have got what you whant (I mean the chip at the meeting :D) I just wanted to let you know...
I would say the 4th point is the most important to us! All the others can be learned... Actually it's not so hard to do the soldering job, if you have the correct tools, and it's possible to get a training at us. The programming of the chip is not difficult also (I mean the burning of the premade program).
So I would recommend the following skills:
1. customer support & business skills & teamworking skills for within our own network
2. Some kind of mechanical skills to remove the ECU, eaven if it is not hard, but two left hands could be a problem :D
3. Some knowledge of electronics are an big advantage.
As I mentioned Customer care is our primary interest.
Mike, you would (f.e.) be a perfect canditate ;) and you are (where) also able to welcome us in our own language (like at the meeting) :D
Companies already doing some kind of tuning or selling equipment are also verry welcome of course, but the past has shown us that individuals, that are honest, stand 100% behind the product, are well interested in this matter and are ready to try something 'new' are able to bring more benefits to the customers an to us than companies selling this product 'only' as one of their other 'thousands' products...
...alex