Audi TT TFSI

frawls555

I bought a new Audi TT 2.0 TFSI in March this year and want to give it a bit more power. I have a few questions I would like answered before I go ahead witht he remap:

1. Is the Upsolute database bhp & torque outputs based on a remap using 95 octane or 98 octane?
2. Does Upsolute have a policy of not proving dyno plot graphs where requested by potential customers?
3. I have read a lot of posts about customres experiencing "power surge" after Upsolute remaps. Was this something which has been cured and would it apply to the Audi TT 2.0 TFSI?
4. I have also read where REVO, APR, GIAC etc alter up to 40 variables when remapping. Does Upsolute alter as many variables also?
Regards

Frawls

frawls555

The lack of a reply to these straight forward questions doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the product or the back up service.
Maybe I should try REVO instead? They're a little pricier but they had no problem answering my questions.

The reason I asked these specific questions is because with the introduction of Maxol's E5 petrol which is 99.2 ron can I get the remap done again or will it be capable of adjusting itself to the higher ron petrol from (presumably) the 95 ron initial Upsolute programe ) :confused:

Frawls555

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
hello Frawls555,

first of all sorry for the late reply. generaly the outputs for the 2.0 TFSI engines are based on using 98 octane. We have tuned the 2.0 TFSI engine allready many times, also the new TT. The customers have been always satisfied and the power output is very strong and smooth, without any surging.
The number of maps and variables modified, differs from ECU to ECU. In your case we change about 30.

To your 2nd questions: Sorry, I'm afraid, I do not understand this question correctly, could you please ask it an other way?

The software will adjust itself to the higher octane rate.

kind regards and sorry again,

Ali

frawls555

Hi Ali,

Thanks for getting back to me and answering some of my questions.

The question in relation to 95 and 98 octane petrol is I am concerned if my TT is mapped for 95 octane will the ecu be able to advance itself sufficiently to take advantage of 98 octane which is being re-introduced to the Irish Market? 3 Octane points is a lot of advancement for ignition and timing/fuelling but maybe the Audi ECU can handle it?

The only other thing I am curious about is the unavailabilty of dyno maps on your site. I would like to see a dyno map before and after for each car. That way I could see if the torque curve is still nice and flat from 1,800 rpms to 5,100 rpms or does it just peak higher and then tail off sooner?

I would like to see a dyno may of the 2.0 tfsi engine after an upsolute remap if possible?

Regards

Frawls555 :)

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
hello,

you can drive with 95 octane, once you change to 98 octane, the car will handle this without any problems and will benefit with additionaly hp's.

I can also post you a dyno of a 2.0 TFSI. You are welcome to visit our Irish Distributer Peter Carey in Dublin. He has also the Audi TT 2.0 TFSI and you can make a testdrive with his car. His contact details can be found on our distributer page.

Please drop me a mail at office@upsolute.com, that I can sent you the Dynograph.

regards
Ali

frawls555

Ali,

I tried to e mail you at office@upsolute.com but it keeps coming back rejected.

Can you e mail me a dyno plot for the 2.0 TT to my e mail address in my profile.

Thanks

Frawls555

stefan@upsolute

Administrator
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Good day,

I am very sorry for the late response, mr.galisir is in vacation this week. As soon he is back on monday i will forward him this request.

kindest regards