*Official 1-1.1bar AWD program thread*

One Dub Nut

I know all the AWD people are dying to hear about the chip that is in development. Let's keep this the official thread for news on it.
Keep at it UP testers! :D
Patrick

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Currently we are working on the V6 and K04 problems, afterwards we will have plenty of time for this project :D Thanks for your patience...
...alex

sonnylowe

Hey Patrick, how ya doing? Are we ready for another Williamsburg GTG yet? Seems like it's been for ever already :)
Sonny

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Please contact Rene, I need your ECU number..
rberube@upsolute.com
..thanks

VWdallas

Yea, I have been asking Rene for a LONG LONG time. I think I might have been the first person to ask for a 1.1 bar AWD, I have emails going back from Sept. asking/begging for this chip to be made. Just wanted to know whats up.
Thanks, Jared
jdh24@excite.com

René

It is very difficult to get this up to that boost level safely and not throwing overboost codes all the time.

One Dub Nut

Well, not to sound disrespectful, but how can GIAC do it so easily with the Version 4 of their chip for AWD?
I very much appreciate the work all you UP guys are doing on this.

René

the only way to do it on this model is to play with the wastegate settings and monitor that the car can handle it with increased EGT, and not throw overboost codes. Alex does not have a 552 platform (awd) in Austria to play with and fine tune this, so it's slower, he has to send program vasriations and test them out. We have so far been able to raise boost in the upper RPMs as the ECU does not monitor the boost after a certain point. what would run well on one car would not necessarily work on another, reducing the window for error, and more cars would show problems.

One Dub Nut

GREAT. I dunno about messing with the wastegate, that sounds a little risky to me. So I guess we will just have to wait and see. The .8bar is fine for now since I don't really NEED extra power that much, plus I have a DP on the way so... :D
Thanks for the updates Rene.

VWdallas

I know this probably should be in the "Switch" thread but, oh well. Has Upsolute thought about making a switch program for racing for the AWD? You know a 100/104 octane program. Haveing a 1.1 bar all the time and 1.? race program to switch over to would be awesome.
Thanks
Jared