*Official 1-1.1bar AWD program thread*

dbrowne1

I'm with you 100%. I have a GIAC chip and an Upsolute chip for my AWD Jetta and I always use the GIAC, with no ill effects. Upsolute would generate a lot more sales in this market segment if they made a higher boost chip.
I live right near an Upsolute rep here in VA and I have a VAG-COM and boost gauge. I would be happy to volunteer my car as a test platform for a more powerful AWD chip.

sonnylowe

Originally posted by dbrowne1:
I'm with you 100%. I have a GIAC chip and an Upsolute chip for my AWD Jetta and I always use the GIAC, with no ill effects. Upsolute would generate a lot more sales in this market segment if they made a higher boost chip.
I live right near an Upsolute rep here in VA and I have a VAG-COM and boost gauge. I would be happy to volunteer my car as a test platform for a more powerful AWD chip.
Yes I am here and very willing to help with this, I'm would be happy to work with David and try and get this thing sorted out, we need to provide our customers with what they want (with in reason) or we are going to lose so of them...Right Patrick!?!?

dbrowne1

Originally posted by sonnylowe:
Yes I am here and very willing to help with this, I'm would be happy to work with David and try and get this thing sorted out, we need to provide our customers with what they want (with in reason) or we are going to lose so of them...Right Patrick!?!?
It's tragic too because the Upsolute chips for the other 1.8T engine codes are right up there with the GIAC and APR ones in performance, for half the price.
People hear about the AWD ones and think that ALL the UP chips are like that, so its hurting more than just the AWD sales.
I'll be a test mule for this program if UP needs one. Just send the files to Sonny, he lives in the same town as me. I can log anything you want on my VAG-COM, and I have a GIAC chip to compare it to also.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I always have an open ear ;) But it's not so easy as Rene has already explained. :(
...alex

One Dub Nut

I agree with David. Alex, you should use his car as a test car. He is right next to an UP distributor, and I am only 40 minutes away. We could see how well the chips do, and send them back for fine tuning. I'm sure we could bang something out.
Patrick

VWdallas

I can do it as well. I live about 20 mins from the DFW rep. He has a VAG so doing some runs would not be a problem. I have already had the first 1.1 bar version that was sent to me back in Oct/Nov but on my car and found out that the boost did not increase any, so I went back the orginal .8 bar version.
Jared Hensle

Bug_Power

Jared I actually have shop with a dyno there in arlington that's willing to help out. They have tuned Billy T's car and could tune any of our programs for us. The have told me that they are VERY interested in coming on board and doing DYNO testing not Vag block 120's with A/F and EGT's. I'm pretty sure they have a manifold for the G/J's with an EGT guage welded on so the can do this testing. Alex if you want to setup some Dyno tuning ability in the US let Rene know. This shops willing to tune cars 2am - 6am prime time for you guys. They also want to tune my car with the larger injectors on the dyno. They have been tuning cars for over 15 years and have a GREAT reputation around Texas and the US for tuning the fastest MKIV 1.8t in the world at the moment. However they had to use all kinds of hacks and fuel managment because the don't have chiptuning availible. So let Rene know if you want a shop that can work with you to do DYNO tuning here in the states for ANY model car. The DFW/Houston Market has plenty of the cars that need to be tuned in it.
Rodney Wade
UPSolute Southern Region Distributor
Rwade@Upsolute.com

VWdallas

Hey Rodney. Actually VWA is thinking about getting a Dyno day at Alamo in I think late May. So I am all game about tuning and test ......
Keep me posted about Alamo
jdh2424@yahoo.com
Alex, Rene. LETS DO THIS. I wont charge must for letting my car be the test car. ;)

One Dub Nut

Rene? Are you there?
I will email you regarding testing out a chip with Dave and Sonny.
Alex, is this a viable plan? All we need you to do is create a program, send it to us, we'll test it and send it back with comments on it. Sounds good to me. Heck you can even use my car. Anything is better than how my car is now.
After adding the 3" DP I actually felt quite a loss in top end, after about 4-4.5k the car is totally anemic, I feel no pull whatsoever, I just watch the tach rise. I don't think its the clutch because the car is still accelerating. It could be though, I don't really know.
Patrick :eek: :(

I think the what Valois and Alex refer to as difficult is that it's not as easy as having a couple of guys throw a new file on and head to the Dyno and report the power and torque curves. There's much more data collected and controls to observe when doing this. Such as calibration standards of the guages, fuels, emmisions, ambient temperatures, internal temps, boost pressures
[is your boost guage calibrated? When was the last Guage R&R performed on Joe Bob's Dyno?].
What it boils down to is put yourself in Rene' and Alex's shoes. They're going to develope and sell a product based on the data that you collect and which they cannot personally validate. I would be surprised if what is being proposed here can be accomplished.... very difficult.