Serial Port Programming

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
It depends on the chip inside. It's for sure only available at cars that have a Flash Rom inside. F.e. Skoda has put in Proms (not flashable) till late 2000, while Mercedes/Audi/VW has started earlier to change to the Flash Roms. BMW has done it on some models earlier, on some later. So a definite date can not be given. But I would say 2000 is a good turnaround date eaven if it is not correct in all the cases...

zenkinz

I would also be keen with this path of chipping, not that I don't trust hardware soldering, but given that there's no distributor currently available in Singapore or any part of the Asia, OBDII chipping might be the easiest way out, as I could tap on one dealer friend who has experience with REVO chipping for help/assistance. Please help!

nferra2

I am a little bit confused... Does upsolute plan on going to spp anytime soon in the us, if so i will plan my change my plans to go to houston to bar tuning to get an apr chip, and turn them the other way to pensacola to get upsolute chip. I am even open for testing if bryan needs a car for a couple of days in florida.

Nick

ZAZiks

We have done, well let's say a lot of SPP testing on different cars . The results were rather satisfieing with some exceptions.

ZAZiks

We have done, well let's say a lot of SPP testing on different cars . The results were rather satisfieing with some exceptions.

can you elaborate on the exceptions ?

To be honest - most of those problems we had, was because of some hardware errors while reading/programming, because of our poor knowledge in this field and so on. Sometimes the SPP tool hasn't got the proper protocol, but it depends on manufacturer of the tool.
But there were some interesting situations with cars as well - when finished reading the OPEL Zafira OPC original file, it was impossible to start the engine, but when the modified file was installed the engine was running excellent! It means, that when You interact with this ECU, the part or entire body of the file is being deleted. ;) Sometimes it's hard to establish the connection with ECU because of mystical alarm installation and so on.

ZAZiks

And I forgott to add that, ofcourse, You need the list of the cars that can be chipped through OBD and information about OBD port placement.
AND ALWAYS BE SURE ABOUT ELECTRICITY SUPPLY! ;)

GTi 1.8T

Keep us all updated...

I got the SPP from EVC... but i forgot to get EVC Keys for Upsolute files...

I will try to email Ali or Alex, so they can send me some keys to start testing this over here...
:cool:

Keep updating

I'm also waiting for the new interface. I'm just hoping they won't charge alot for it. Basicly the EVC system is good and cheap, but they are realy slow with updates and a lot of popular european cars aren't supported yet. The USB interface (along with Volvo support and Kompressor models) was supposed to be out in march-may. Hope they release it soon. EDC16 support would be nice too. :D