Upsolute believer

dzljet

Hello,
Upsolute is awesome.
Great product!
Has anyone noticed when using a tuning box and chip. A kind of pulsating feel to throtle when going above 3200 rpm's or 160km
It also seems to shudder more.
How safe is it to run with this set up?
Should inj. timing be set lower in graph with this set up?
[ 17 February 2002: Message edited by: DzlJet ]

dzljet

Alex,
from my experience, the injection timing on my TDI was set at 52. When running both chip and box, it didn't seem to have these side effects. It wasn't until I had timing reset at 62/110 that the shuddering and pulsating at high speeds started occuring.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
That's a good question :D I never have recommended the box. The chip allone should produce smooth and reliable performance. However I know that it's possible to use both deviced together (like a lot in the US do)... Eaven if the power is extreme, the car will be not as smooth as with the chip allone. The box is an add on device and does 'only' richen up the injection, causing sometimes shudder and 'unclean' power...that's a known issue...
...alex

dzljet

Oh please, don't use that word around me.
I'm on my fourth. It's brand new, so it should not be the problem. I did check with Vag-Com the new MAF (&%#**!!) and it did not flow up to spec. 150 being at temp flow read I should get and 147 is the best I've seen with new MAF.
Anyway, after all that I guess the MAF could be a culprit but I don't know how to confirm.