Upsolute: When will "switchable" model be available?

dommerdog

I hear that Upsolute is currently developping a system similar to APR (or is it GIAC?) which allows drivers to select the regular ECU mode or the Upsolute mode by using a specific combination on the key fob.
Is this true?
When will this be available for 1.8T?
I would like to have the ability to switch back to stock mode in winter and when I bring it in to the dealer.
------------------
2001 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T
TT Pedals, Black/Black

René

I have one in my hand, I will be doing testing soon, If Alex will call me we can set it up very soon.

Upsolute S.A

Hi all,
I will be installing this onto an Audi 1.8T tomorrow or Thursday and will let you all know how this works! We will be doing tests with a newspaper at a high speed oval track - this will also appear in the newspaper a few weeks after the review and tests... watch this space for the other details!
The system (for those who don't know) allows you to switch between standard and Upsolute chip modes at the press of a button.... even while the car is running! Now the AWESOME thing about this system is that it has no physical connections or switches mounted on the dash board etc - IT IS REMOTE CONTROL!
I hope this entices you all.... :)
Upsolute S.A

VA bug

I want that on my 1.8t beetle! PLEASE have it ready for the GTG in Willaimsburg VA in early August. Got to have it!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We are currently still testing. It's possible at some cars, at others not, we have just given the contract to make new receiver units, more suitable for the application, should get first test boards within the next 4 weeks...
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

zellerc

Alex,
I'll buy one sight unseen. I predict that the (US) market response to a reliable remote chip switch will be overwhelming. I suspect that many new car owners (esp. US Audi owners) concerned about dealer and warranty concerns (myself included) will be VERY receptive to a selectable program. I'm very pleased the Upsolute program I received yesterday (nice work, Andrew - thanks), but to be able to switch it on and off at will....well, that would be outstanding!
2K A4 1.8T Quattro Upsoluted
------------------

TDI2some

Could you guys get ANY better! Count me and my 2000 JETTA GLS TDI in.
------------------
2 TDI lovers in love..in'dat sweet?

VA bug

What's with the triple post?? Im in line for the switchable chip too! Count me in. Im waiting for the new Willaimsburg UPsolute Rep? I can be his first switchable chip upgrade. The day will come.

MikeM

Hey VA Bug ... what triple post??? It's a QUADRUPLE post!!!
Alex, any news on the boards yet ... are they with you for testing?
Mike
Exeter, UK :eek:

VA bug

MikeM, Sorry, It's been a long day. I'll try to get it right next time. As for the switchable chip, I guess good things come to those who wait. I'm getting tired of waiting but I will. These guys are the greatest and with a wonderful product.

René

Hey guys, We have worked the crap out of Alex today tuning files because he is going on vacation for two weeks, well deserved I might add! Any way, I spoke to him about the switchable units today, we made a change in mid stride to improve the switch, the changes were made before production of the controls were done, but it delayed the ship date, we have 500 of them on order, he said to expect them when he comes back from vacation Sept 1st. So the wait is nearly over, then I guess we will be going crazy in North America updating everyone with them.