Custom 93/4 octane programming?

Cypher2k

I usually fill up with 94 octane. Does upsolute have any interest at all in combining the "switchable" chip technology with an alternate high octane program?
(seems I keep asking this question....)

René

Come on Cypher we answer you all the time, yes we can do a high octane program, and yes it can be used with the switch option, if you have a 2K 1.8T, not only would we advance timing, but we would raise boost as well.

Cypher2k

(the whining wheel gets the grease)
good lets do it. this would be for a 2001 1.8t WE, so the AWW 5spd ECU.
How much? And I can probably get a huge linup of people interested in doing this, not only ottawa but a few in Toronto as well.

Cypher2k

thought about it, it would be best to do this in stages. Id like to try a high octane program first. And once that works out well enough, get the switchable in time for old man winter.
That way if its a disaster, then not as much time and materials gets wasted on a switchable module that I end up not really needing.
Sound good? I dont wanna waste louis' time messing around with riser boards and stuff if it turns out to be a bust.
Also, would knowing what mods im running have any bearing on the software? Ive got a 3" dp/cat that I KNOW will affect boost delivery. (its already on the borderline for throwing cat efficiency codes)...

Frankly im surprised that this option isnt more aggresivly marketed. All the people jumping on the latest giac version bandwagon should be a good indication that folks like upgrades... :D
[ 28 March 2003: Message edited by: Cypher2k ]

flanders

ooooooooooo! An upgrade for the upsolute chip? About time! :D Definitely interested and would like to know MORE.
To be honest though, it would be nice to have "custom" programs according to other mods. I mean, I've got a 2.5" dp+cat+cat-back. I realize there is a "custom" upsolute program for those with the viper CAI, but it would be nice if there were custom program for other mods too (like my exhaust system).
I know you can't please everybody, but could you tell us more about this new 93/94 octane program? keyfob switch? cruise stalk switch? Cost? Our cost if we convince all of Ottawa to do this? :D

René

Flanders I agree with you, a customized chip is much better. We can do that any time, all it takes is a dyno with the Air/fuel chart.

flanders

valois -- really? Would this be a guinea-pig freebee :D or what's the running price? I'll be on the dyno in the spring time...it'd be easy enough to pass Louis my results.
--any more info on the 93/94 octane program as well?

René

The cost of a custom program is typically 150.00 if you are already a client, the 94 octane file would be considered a standard file, you could upgrade for 150 or have it installed initially for 325.00 In your case you participate in enough forums that I would consider it cheap advertising to upgrade you free of charge. :D

Cypher2k

AHEM!
Flanders and dommer: my post count OWZ J00!
I like to get this 93/94 octane program in ASAP. Then I'd like to dyno the sucker. Assuming we have another club dyno day...
Ill also be running a newsouth insulating intake manifold gasket. This should allow the more aggresive timing not to be pulled back too much from higher intake temps.
Any special consideration need to be taken for the pipercross viper?
[ 31 March 2003: Message edited by: Cypher2k ]

flanders

can't we all just get along? :p
APR's 91 vs 93 octane programs:
209hp/242lb-ft vs 215hp/247lb-ft
I'm assuming gains would be similar with UP?

Cypher2k

Can you make sure louis gets a copy of this 93 octane file for AWW 1.8ts?
Im keen on trying this out.
(provided it STOPS SNOWING)

flanders

I'm curious what the differences are. Will I see more boost, or is it purely to take advantage of the higher octane feul?

Cypher2k

Ok lets get this show on the road...
Diff, cluth and flywheel go in this week, and i just got pulled on by a bloddy CRX in 3rd.

Salut René ;) Hi Guys :D (je parle français itoo ) Looks like the entire East Coast Upsolute contingent has posted in this thread :p
Hey I just helped MacPhisto solve his surging problem (look on VWVORTEX, he's a very happy customer now, so ... can you make us an offer ??? Erick Dupuis would love to hear from me :)
[ 30 April 2003: Message edited by: iwantaswitchable ]
[ 30 April 2003: Message edited by: iwantaswitchable ]