Custom 93/4 octane programming?

MacPhisto

As a new happy custommer i'd like to be part of that offer too.
Beaucoup de français font confiance à Upsolute. :D
Is the switchable technology is available for awp engines?

Cypher2k

grrr... keep running into stupid problems with the tranny install... first bolts, then shims... still waiting. hopefully this week.

Cypher2k

So far so good..... o2/trim numbers are bang on and within +/- 2%
Is there any way for me to get the specific changes made? It seems to run a touch more boost. And holds to 6000RPM where there is a steep drop from 14psi to 10psi. You can feel the drop in acceleration.
So its holding more boost further up the RPM scale, but dropping like a stone right at the 6K mark instead of a steady decline from 5K on... Its still dropping in the 5K+ area but not as fast as before. (at least until the 6K mark)
Am i right? is the program set up to deliver a bit more top end power?

Cypher2k

ive got some bad 2psi varience surging plugging it in 5th... (handing an rx7 its doors)
ill tweak the n75 again and see if I can soften it a bit.

René

Let's see how cypher runs with it, address any issues and then we will have a file for release. boost should not drop so dramatically at 6k , have you cleaned and regreased the DV? Let's see what Ali has to say about it as well. top end power should be improved as timing and fueling have been changed up top, this alone is good for more boost.

Cypher2k

Ok my n75 still needed some adjusting.. I found the sweet spot. No more 20psi spike, it pins at 15-16psi, holds very steady.. Then gracefully starts dropping from 5K onward. Just like it should. I was probably heat soaking badly pushing that amount of boost for so long before.

That n75 is a bitch to get right, I can see why they stopped making them with adjustment screws....
Anyhoo, with a wedding and a blown water pump I couldnt attend the free dyno day... But im all fixed now, and im tacking on the revised coolant temp sensor for good measure.
Im also going to double check my downpipe gasket (i had it off and didnt replace it with a new one).... Then flush out the intercooler and then replace all the pressure side clamps all the way to the throttle body.
Hopefully that will get everything in top shape for the dyno.

Cypher2k

I spiked that too. Normally hold about 16 steady, however, most cheap boost guages have some varience in what they show.
Mine is at -1 when the engine is off, so I could be doing 17psi..
However when i did a block 115 log i got 1bar right accross the board. Exactly what the chip was calling for.

Anyhoo, i found another problem, one of the turbo hoses to the lower IC pipe had slipped off. Enough that i strongly suspect it was bleeding out at WOT and causing the wastegate to open more than normal to compensate. That equals hot air.
Ill see how she runs tonight.

Cypher2k

bah. the boost is still cutting right at 6000rpm
drops to about 5-8psi... Alex what is the request curve like? This is not a natural drop in pressure as the thing spools up, but a really artificial and obvious drop of about 4-6 psi predictably at 6K every time.