New Version

Blaupunkt

Will UPsolute have a new version for it's chip? I'm sick and tired that my car drops from 13(around that) psi to 5 psi at 5500rpm(suddenly drops), then gets back to 12 psi til redline. Its been doing it for the last 2-3 months, but now cant stand it anymore.

It ONLY happens in 4-5th gear, probably in 6th also. 1-2-3 is very strong all the way to redline.

My friend has the exact same problem, with his UP AWP chipped '03 GTI.

Yes, tried an aftermarket DV, no changes at all, even tried a J-Valve, with no succes. No CEL or codes with the Vag-com.

DonR

Would you be able to post some logs of 115, 002, & 011. It may not be the chip but the MAF on it's way out.

Thanks,

QuA

Well I had this problem sort of.

I believe it could have to do with my samco. I would never have this problem before with any of n75 valves (f,j,h) however after the samco turbo inlet hose was installed I would get limp mode during gear shifts from 3-4-5, about 90% of the time. After many new file revisions. Thanks to upsolute =) the problem still exisisted. I tried the overboost mbc solution and it worked. I believe the spike is too high during the gear shift in my car and after i limited my boost to only 17-19 psi. No problems.

Now its just trying to get the upsolute program to hold at 17 psi. MBC works amazing with the car. (HUGE noticable difference with mbc vs n75... HUGE) Car holds beautifully... and shifts awesome. However I get the low throttle limp mode. Car thinks its boosting fully at low throttle.

Can upsolute revise a file to match a users request of boost at certain rpms? Like if I wanted higher boost from 3500-5000 ... 17psi? Even factoring in elevation levels for location?

I remeber taling to Valois and you mentioned I can do a custon vag log of my car and then you could get rid of the low throttle limp. Would this perform the same as raising the boost through software? Also would the A/F be the same?

Thanks

QuA

KrUsTyX

he's not upgraded, im sure.

On my side, ive bought the CAI + Forge DV so im waiting for the upgrade, i hope it will fix all my glitches :cool:

Blaupunkt

I still have my UPsolute ECU actually, and friday i'm finally will be getting the updated version, that's my last try. If it doesnt work, well, so be it, i'll just sell it for sure this time.

I really hope that will solve my problem, and I hope my top speed cut off will be taken away also, everybody that got chipped the same day then me(10 people), the cut-off was away, exept mine. I really need it away when I do my solo 1 events :cool:

Anyways René, Serge probably contacted you to get the file, my VW code is 06A 906 032 PL

KrUsTyX

new version = new problems

Now, new version, but the boost drops a 5-10psi when hitting 5500RPM. Ive spoke with 2 other people and they have the same problem. Blaupunkt wich has been updated few weeks ago, a 2003 too. Same problem. You probably lost 2 clients here, Blaupunkt is tired and his ECU just stop working last friday, and on my side, i will trade my ECU next week. This is bad. It cost me 50$ to get it updated and its still not working properly :confused:

scottramsey

does it do this with the stock airbox? (curious)

log block 3 and 115 WOT to capture MAF, boost, and throttle plate %...and see if the throttle plate closes. I assume you are seeing boost drop on a manifold vac. gauge?

Blaupunkt

does it do this with the stock airbox? (curious)

log block 3 and 115 WOT to capture MAF, boost, and throttle plate %...and see if the throttle plate closes. I assume you are seeing boost drop on a manifold vac. gauge?

I have the stock airbox with K&N panel filter. I had the updated version on mine too, and have the same problem at high RPM, now, Serge had to put the OEM programming in it, and the OEM programming is smooth up to redline, no lost of boost at all.

I have a boost guage, and in 4-5th gear, passed 5500 RPM, it suddenly goes from 13-14 PSI to 8 psi or so, it just feels like you hit a wall, really sucks. Serge will put the program in my ECU again, and I know the problem will be back.

I'll log the 3 and 115 to make sure, but i'm positif the UPsolute program is the problem, there is soooo many people with that issue on the Tex.

René

I have a client here with the 03 20th aniversary edition revision who had informed me that the car ran great, I called him and he indicated he just uses it for spurts of speed and never really winds it out through the gears, but he is going to come over this week and let me put the car through it's paces and log it with the vag com> i will look at the boost being pulled in the upper RPMs. let me add that this is natural with our programming , but not at 5500 RPM. generally our file will taper boost back starting at 6000 to redline. We do this to protect the turbo. Air to fuel is also enrichened slightly in this region. I'll let you know what I find.

Blaupunkt

Thx to look into it René. Would a MBC avoid that, even after the "normal" after 6000rpm drop? I'm not to worried about the turbo protection, waranty is almost over ;)

René

The MBC probably would , but we should be able to do it with the file. I have sent a link to this thread to Ali alomg with the present revision for him to look at it.