Problems with BT file V3

20V1.8Tnut

Hi
I have these issues with UP BT file:
in part-throttle and WOT it misfires bad enough to set CEL BLINKING and causes throttle body to close partially
most of the times it just closes TB only, but sometimes it just doing both.
I had to actually add main fuel tweak to 105% (lemmiwinks) to bring O2 adaptation to near zero unlike some other guys with the V3 file and at first it fixed the misfires at WOT and part-throttle issue, I still could notice the TB closing some but my butt dyno said that the power was there. Now the misfires are back and I need your advice either I reduce the Main fuel tweak back to 100% or keep on adding some more.

DonR

The file is too rich to begin with. It needs to be revised where at least 20% to 30% reduction.
These are logs taken from my car AWD engine code 552 file.

You can see how rich it is at WOT 4th gear pull, un-plugged MAF

These logs are taken from a AWP motor with the same setup

Also, 4th gear pull both set at a FP of 40 psi without vacuum.

20V1.8Tnut

Don. believe it or not but I had to decrease the main fuel tweak like 8% to bring the block 032 to zero.
For some reason it runs better with MBC, at least I dont get misfires with MBC and of course my boost goes as high as I want it to go unlike with N75 when it may only go to 7-10 PSI. Well, I am still playing with it...:D

Cypher2k

Ive set mine up both with and without MAF

With MAF i knock back the primary trim about 10% and that seems fine.

Without the MAF i have to pull the trim back to about -23%

With both setups i have the same problem. Ecu starts pulling boost like MAD past 6grand. I think there is a serious problem with how it was configured.

1: Enlarged MAF NOT compensated for
2: Base maps seem to be not much different than stock k03 maps
3: Spec boost falls off rapidly about 1000RPM too soon. (v2 did not do this)

Aside from tweaked boost and A/f on WOT, this chip does not appear to be much of a custom chip at all.

evilpat

Well whatever version I have (was told at one point it was V4, but now believe it to be some form of 3) still runs ruch up top but does not appear ot have any misfire issues. The only complaint I have is that it is running my fuel trims at run to about -12% or so. With fule pressure set to about 3 bar idle is fine. Haven't had time for logging yet other than to make sure it is running but I appear to have less problems than others running V3. Running pretty much identical GT28R setups on a AWW and AWP.

20V1.8Tnut

Regardless of how I set my fuel tweaks, as soon as it comes to higher RPM range my A/F goes below 11:1 (my UEGO only reads down to 11:1)

DonR

Well I ruled out that I had a bad MAF on the dyno...it made me run a 14:1 A/F so it was a waste of time and money. I have an LM-1 on order so I will denitely subit the right and correct data to Upsolute...My appologies but it goes to show that an MAF can cause serious damage.

20V1.8Tnut

Well, it has been a while. It seems like I have misfires issue worked out with my main fuel tweak set at 110% and secondary tweak at +8%.
Now, I still have a couple of problems, like in either part-throttle or full-throttle it spikes to 16 PSI and them goes to limp, my UEGO shows A/F below 11:1 when the boost drops to near zero. ECU throws "charge pressure limit exceeded" code. At first I thought that the boost drop is caused by an overly excessive fuel, but then reading Don's posts I figured that it was the limp.
I am running MBC set at 18 PSI (low pressure spring and adj. screw all way down), may be I should switch back to N75 (?)
I am trying the Splitsec VC2 clamp now.
BTW, when the new version of 553 file will be out?

cruiser

It can be your BOV, if it's a open BOV. The other thing is the MAP-Sensor. This thing can make trouble with your boost.

I've heard that GIAC in USA have a update file to eliminate this MAP-Sensor.

Marco

DonR

Try hooking up the N75 for the time being. I have just recieved a new file to test that will be installed this weekend. I will update this no doubt.

cruiser

The Bailey ist ok. Is a good bov for this performance.

And no, I don't mean the MAF. The MAP-sensor is built in cars from up 2000 to now. This is a boost pressure sensor that is located in the top of the smic (side mounted intercooler). This thing is a restriction for maximum boost.

For anyone who change the smic to a fmic (front mounted intercooler) has do a software-update because the ecu run on failure (fail-safe?). From GIAC in USA is a software upgrade available for this.

And the last one, the oem MAF-sensor is only good for applications up to max. 300hp. But with a bigger MAF-housing it is possible to handle more like 300hp (such this 3" housing from atp). An update maf is from the V6-passat who can handle more airflow at higer revs.

Marco

20V1.8Tnut

Don
Yesterday I scanned my ECU and still got "charge pressure limit exceeded" code even though I set my VC2 to 4.3V. :mad:
Last night I installed J valve and will see how it goes. I dont think I need the overboost solution thingy because of the VC2

Marco
Thanks for this usefull information.
Unfortunately, I had to give up my GIAC SW for my current set-up. This is sad because I had been GIAC customer for more than 4 years (K03 chip, then K04 chip). I tried running GIAC K04 chip with GT28R without much success because it was meant for K04 not GT28R. I kinda hoped GIAC would make their chip for K05(E05) for my AWD but they did not, so I am with Upsolute right now.
My current set-up:
Upsolute BT SW
GT28RS (the spud) aka "Disco Potato"
ATP exhaust manifold
ATP DP with cat
ATP inlet pipe
ATP FMIC
440cc injectors
VR6 MAF housing
Adj. FPR
Bailey DV
Splitsec VC2
By-passed N249
Currently N75J
60mm(2-3/8") cat-back
UR pulleys
1 range colder plugs

20V1.8Tnut

No, I have not.
Mike sent me his mafless Lemmiwinks setting values but I forgot where I put them. Something like -8% for the idle and -15% for the run, gotta look for them.

DonR

Unplug the MAF sensor while the car is off. Then make these adjustments with Lemmiwinks: increase the Lamda Regulation Ch:06 to +127. This will help the fuel trims adapt faster.

Go for 10 to 15 minute normal drive so you can monitor the block 032 fuel trims. Adjust the Primary Fuel Tweak Ch:10 according to your long term trim value; example: Trim value = -10% you decrease the Primary by 10% same goes for the idle trim. Secondary Fuel Tweak Ch:08 will help bring idle trim values back to 0.

Keep in mind tho that if you are going to plug the MAF sensor in once again to bring the Primary & Secondary Fuel Tweak back to default...or you can also adjust the fuel trims with the MAF plugged in to bring them as close as possible to 0 using the Primary & Secondary Fuel Tweaks.

20V1.8Tnut

Thanks Don.
I am familiar with the procedure, but I am so preoccupied with my family.... I will try, possibly this weekend.
I also want to try adjusting my Bailey DV for a higher opening pressure. I beleive that ATP FMIC causes higher than with stock IC pressure drop between the turbo and the intake manifold thus causing my DV open while boosting.
Have you ever thought of this?