Problems with BT file V3

20V1.8Tnut

Ok, had my VC2 set at 3.9V and still the same problem.
I had my file for six months and regardless of what I do it just doesnt run right.
What really dissapoints me that there has not been any single response from Upsolute.

jetta18

So once I get my Up ecu updated with a BT file, will I get charged for each revision of the file? I don't have a local dealer so I would be sending my ecu in to someone.

thanks,

DonR

Yeah the file is almost done. WOT AFR is the only issue that needs to be adressed & data has already been submitted.

Turbo Bora

No, not at all. I think the confusion is coming from the custom files that are requested.

If you are an Upsolute Client you can get revision upgrades at no charge (some distributors may charge a small labor fee).

If you are an Upsolute client you can get a custom file done for $150.00. If you are not a client yet you must pay for your car to be chipped and then you can get the custom chip for $150.00.

Revisions are one thing...

Custom files are another.

I hope this answers your questions. :)

20V1.8Tnut

Just got my latest BT file in the mail. It was really quick this time, on Thursday I sent my ECU to 10xtuning, and today it came back :thumbup:
So I swapped the ECU's, cleared the codes from the V3: maximum pressure limit exceeded -- my dreadful part-throttle and WOT limp; left my Lemmiwinks settings from the older version the way they were with V3 (just in case), removed my VC2, set FP at 40 Psi, boost at 18 Psi and hit the road...
Well, it's raining in here so I did not go WOT, just a few runs at part-throttle, boost comes smoothly, gradually raising to 10-12 Psi and stays there, not dropping abruptly, like the V3.
So, my preliminary conclusion is that Upsolute definately did they homework eliminating part-throttle limp and I can say it did worth to wait, at least for me because no one else makes BT SW for my car.
I will see how things would be going and if I am more the less satisfied with the way it runs now, it'll be time hit the dyno.

DonR

Thanks for the input. I'm glad your happy...Rene & Ali did a great job. Can't wait to see the dyno of a BT Automatic :D

René

Regardless of how I set my fuel tweaks, as soon as it comes to higher RPM range my A/F goes below 11:1 (my UEGO only reads down to 11:1)
And it should richen up at the upper RPMs to reduce EGT and protect the engine. You will not see a file running 12:1 across the RPM band. Because of MAF and O2 reaction time, and to do so is dangerous, I have seen the other chip makers a/F at 12:1 past 6K and I have also seen bent rods and blown turbos. So far I know of no one that has blown a turbo with our software. I am of the belief that these modifications are extreme enough that a generic file is not possible, I have seen two models with the same file react differently.

20V1.8Tnut

20V1.8T wrote on October 8
Regardless of how I set my fuel tweaks, as soon as it comes to higher RPM range my A/F goes below 11:1 (my UEGO only reads down to 11:1)

And it should richen up at the upper RPMs to reduce EGT and protect the engine. You will not see a file running 12:1 across the RPM band. Because of MAF and O2 reaction time, and to do so is dangerous, I have seen the other chip makers a/F at 12:1 past 6K and I have also seen bent rods and blown turbos. So far I know of no one that has blown a turbo with our software. I am of the belief that these modifications are extreme enough that a generic file is not possible, I have seen two models with the same file react differently.

Thanks for your first informative responce, valois.
So basically you were aiming for A/F < 11:1 when writing my file? I understand it is hard to tell because every car responds differently to the same SW, but could you please tell what was your target A/F for my file?

René

20V generally at idle mixture is 14:1 ideal mixture to shoot for is 12:8, anyway as you come off idle mixture will drop to around 12 and typically dips below 12 when the turbo kicks in, we like to keep it just below 12 until around 6000 Rpms where it will dip below 11 sometimes recorded in the 10's. If we are writing a custom file for someone in a particular region such as southern florida, Houston and california, 11:1 would be a nice target as these are extremely hot environments and in the case of the latter 2 are limited to 91 oxygenated fuel. we try to ride a fine line on a mixture that will run on 91 octane without problems, but perform better when using 93.

20V1.8Tnut

according to my UEGO, at idle A/F fluctuates around 14.3:1 to 15:3, on part throttle acceleration it stays 14.3:1 to 15:3 till about 3500 - 4000 RPM and then it dives below 11:1 (my UEGO's range is 16:1 - 11:1), at WOT it is stoichiometric till the same 3500-4000 then drops abruptly to below 11:1, then at deceleration it will briefly drop below 11:1 and then goes either leaner than 16:1 if I completely let go the gas pedal or comes back to stoichiometric if I stay on the gas. so basically we are kind of close without tinkering with lemmiwinks and on 2.6 PSI of fuel pressure
I am going to dyno my car with this file some time soon so we can get a closer picture. Right now I can say the file is conservative enough to run safely on daily basis. but I hope we can fine tune it to your abovementioned numbers.
thanks for your reply

20V1.8Tnut

Rene, could you please lean out my file? I cant get that 11.5:1 at WOT, still stays below 11:1 and I dont know exactly how rich it is because my wideband A/F meter only shows 11:1 - 16:1. My car blows clouds of black smoke at WOT and every morning I see some drops of black stuff coming out of my tailpipe. Other than WOT and part-throttle acceleration above 4000 RPM it runs perfect. I would really appreciate your help. As a reminder, I have one of the files released in january 2005.

René

we can lean itout, get up with yur distributor and ask him to request the file. we need to km=now it's for the BT file, the bosch number of the ECU and the air/fuel chart you have logged.