UK Upsolute Visits, May GTI International

unionjack

Perhaps we could use this thread to compile a tidy list of who will be attending the May Upsolute fest!
Well I'm up for definate:
UnionJack (Bora 2.0 8v)
[This message has been edited by unionjack (edited 03-21-2001).]

martynk

Here we go again...
Martyn Kerluk
01 Passat 1.9 TDI 100BHP
Thanks.
PS Please book us board members for a special no hassle chip-mod, maybe at a special time that weekend.
I hate to sound like an old man, but I've spent 10+ years hanging around GTI's and can't handle the same kids now as I used to when I was one of them. 15 inch subwoofers on overload all day will certainly drive me to heroin abuse.
Cheers.

shakini

LOL! I'll turn my 2 12 inch subwoofers down when I'm getting my chip done then! ;)
Alex,
Yeah - just to say put me down for a rechip for May.
Year 2000 Golf GTI 1.8T 150 BHP. On the SATURDAY please - as early as possible!
Cheers Alex!
Shakini.

[This message has been edited by shakini (edited 17 April 2001).]

1.8Turbonut

Maybe if Upsolute have some big advertising banners we can use them to sheild ourselves from the noise?
I'll be there (price permitting!)Alex......
Golf Gti 150hp 2001
PS if Someone knows Gary H, maybe they can persuade him to come along and show us his new toy(though ask him to keep his award winning install turned way down for martynk!)?

coddy

I'll be there as stated in the other thread. Just need to dig out my ear defenders and paracetomal.
Passat 90bhp tdi Estate 1995.

GeoffT

2000 Golf 1.9 TDI PD 115 BHP
As a last resort I'll be there, but I would much prefer you to have sorted out a UK dealer by then.
The more I think about it, compared to having the chip installed in a proper workshop that I can return to if there are any problems (or if I want it restoring to satndard when I sell), the idea of queuing in a field to have it installed by people who will be flying out of the country the next day is not quite as appealing ;) I appreciate that you are trying to help us, but the demand for a UK dealer must be obvious to everyone.
Geoff

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Since the meeting is on the same date as the Austrian Formula One Grand prix (which I usually visit) I'm used to some noise (for this weekend). But however I prefer the sound of loud Formula one engines ;)
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

MikeM

Alex,
How about moving/repeating your post about prices (very good prices!)to this thread? That way anyone else looking to join us in May has the information to hand.
Mike
Exeter

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Ok, reposted ;)

I'm glad everybody is seems to be able to join the may date About the price I would say if the ECU is removed by yourselve, the price would be arround Euro 270.00 (for board members only). For ordinary visitors the price will be 330.00 Euros...
The 270.00 is calculated out of 10 cars. If we get more cars, we can make an eaven better price
...alex
PS: The currency calculator is offline, so I'm unable to calculate the values in pounds...sorry for that

------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

shakini

Good stuff! I hope this price includes all taxes, Alex! ;)
As for taking the ECU out ourselves, I heard that taking the ECU out of the Golfs is no easy task! The guys on the 20VTurbo Forum had some troubles getting to the ECUs from what I heard. Check out the thread;
http://www.20vturbo.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000097.html
Alex,
Any comments on this? Could this have been because it was so cold in Canada when these guys did the group chip?
Didn't mean to alarm anyone, just wanted to ensure everything goes smoothly in May!
I'm still doing it though... ;)
Shakini.

shakini

All,
I've had a look at the instructions for ECU removal. Looks a bit tricky to me, but I'm sure if we all help out, we'll have those ECUs ripped out and ready for Alex to 'chip' in no time!
Can't wait!
:p
Shakini.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
The removing is no hard task, and we are here to help... so you don't need to worry about it ;)
UrbanTiger:
The amount of miles is not important to the upgrade itselve, we have done already a lot of brand new cars (directly from the dealer). Normally we recommend to wait until the first service, but only for the case the car has a 'stock fault', also the customer get a better feeling about the 'original' power if he drives a while with the car. That's why we normally recommend to wait until the first service...
...alex

------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com