Viper Impressions

ROCKRLR

Last nite after the local dub meeting I switched cars for a run to a local Hooters with a friend that also drives an Upsoluted VR6. He got chipped after he drove my car and liked the new spirit in my VR6. His actual comments after driving my Viper VR6 "When we first chipped I felt that my GTI was stronger than your Jetta, but now you car pulls, pulls, pulls for ever. At that sweet swosh that the intake does is sweet"
Manny asked if a GB is possible, and how much would it be.

René

Rockrlr, I am going to have to figure out a commision for you. :) I can do a group buy of 10 at $200.00 if you want to set it up, do so, and I'll come up with something for you foer your effort. ;)

René

I imagine the intake diameter is the same on the 24 valve, it will work with unchipped cars, there was a dyno test on the 1.8T forum showing the results, the car was unchipped, he got 13 hp

Here is the torque

It will work with all chips, we do custom files with upsolute to get more.

ROCKRLR

There is some interest in the vortex for the viper, but the price seems to be a bit high for them. People in Canada have concerns on the custom duties, and they want to know if they'll be able to pick them from their local Up rep in case he's got it in stock.
Anthony, adg44, post on his AEM/UP dyno has me concerned. Why did his car didnt perform as expected with the AEM? He has gone back to stock and he claims to have gotten power back. He says to be going GIAC instead.

René

Rock, I am sorry I asked him to try the chip, we get those that run fine with the chip, then when they change something on their car and have problems, or something goes south on the car, they want to blame the chip, he was running too lean. He has a problem with that intake, MAF or front O2 sensor. you know yourself that the VR6 will run lean if the intake flows more air. THe stock chip might run in the window, but when he goes to GIAC, I think he's going to have the same problems. We'll see. Meanwhile he's bashing us as is Lordvardahl, BTW do a search on him. ;) He had bad problems with his car, Garrett actually troubleshot it and worked on his POS car. He is one of the biggest whiners on the vortex. :D As for the Viper, they can always buy a BMC and loose power for the same price. :) http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=250347 They should consider themselves lucky that they are getting a GB price as I generally only do this until there are enough running them to comment and gains are proven which they have been. I will see to it that the Viper is the same price for our Canadian friends. I will have them shipped directly from within Canada.

ROCKRLR

Some Canadian said to be able to get it for $375 from the local rep, plus the FPR. That price is a little lower than $250 + FPR.
I read most of Anthony's posts about his car. I dont know if he got an rotten apple, of if he doesnt know how to take care of it. There are so many things going wrong with it.

René

#75 canadian will cover the Viper and FPR, the 1.8T's do not need an FPR, their cost would be $300.00 canadian. plus shipping.

ROCKRLR

Rene,
375CND ~ US$ 240
300CND ~ US$ 190
Both plus S&H unless local rep has in stock.
Give me the OK and I will give it my best push.

spanky

so should I buy a VC and FPR instead od a chip for the VR6 as it seems there would be minimal gains with both as the VC seem to have the most difference?

ROCKRLR

OK, almost done with the questions. I think these will be the last ones:
- Delivery times? Do you have 10 units ready to shipped?
- Payment methods? Paypal only? Checks? Credit Cards? Money orders?
These questions are not mine, these are questions I am being asked, and I dont have answers for them.
Right now I have two people lined up: manuel from Miami, and Dario from Chicago. Dario is Miami at the moment and he has rode in my car and he likes what he has seen. I think Abe from Miami will go at it and maybe Liquix too.

René

CHecks or paypal to my email address, get a list of ten, I have the 1.8T Vipers in stock, a few Vr6's I'll need to order more, so there might be two weeks tops on delivery.

ROCKRLR

Rene, sorry I hadnt read your reply, my mistake!
One more question, how much for shipping charges (regular ground shipping).