Viper Impressions

ROCKRLR

2 more two go! The GB is almost complete. Once I have them all I will email you a list of the guys that are ordering and which engine. Does your brother have 2 1.8Ts Vipers on hand?

René

He may have one on hand Rock, I can get two to him quichk enough, will need to know how many Vr6 to get my order in quick,

ROCKRLR

No one from Canada has ordered a VR6 (yet). I just spoke with Dario and Manny. Both are going to send the money tomorrow if we complete the requiered 10.
Thanks for giving me a hand by posting in the vortex :)

ROCKRLR

Rene,
Can you please inform me on who has paid so I can tighten some nuts :D
- VWgreek and hagarr havent come back to me.
- Jay24 just took dommerdog spot.
- Dario was traveling back to chicago yesterday and havent heard from him.
- Cypher2K is paying when he picks up at Louis's.
- Emil (1.8Trippin) has send check
Sent me email saying that they paypaled to you:
- manuel
- got boost?
- MKIV
- John-420

ROCKRLR

What is the email for Yecpot I might be able to identify the nick by email address. It can be either Haggar or Jay24
MKIV is diggins (ken Diggins).
Dario is mailing the check as soon as he gets home today. Talked to him over the phone.
5 paypals + 3 checks + 1 pickup
I still have two other guys lined up, cattoc and Sudz. Can u make at least one more available?

ROCKRLR

Got Boost?, Abe, got his window regulator issue out of the way...If he is able to schedule things properly he will be dynoing once he gets the Update from Chris Green on Friday. That way he will have dyno plots to show around at the GTG :)

ROCKRLR

Rene,
I am still getting IMs and emails from people wanting to get into the GB. How many of them do you normally sell?

ROCKRLR

RENE
THANKS! I talked to Dario yesterday afternoon. He has received his package and the Viper went it. He got ASR/EPC/CEL lights just before he installed the Viper, hehehe. He installed it for the sake of it, he loves hte sound. He will need to go back to stock to take his car in for MAF replacement. BTW, he was running the CoolFLo.

ROCKRLR

Manny over oiled his MAF. He tried to botch up as much excess oil but it wasnt enough. MAF got fried. He called me early this morning from the dealer and I picked him up to take him to work since the dealer is 2 mins away from my job. He called me a few mins ago, MAF was replaced by VWoA, I am picking him up after work. Since he has got a 00 GTI MAF was going to die one way or another, at least now he can have piece of mind over a newer MAF.

Cypher2k

My viper seems to be doing quite well.
I picked up a silicone hose coupler to get a nice attachment to the maf and add another degree of vibration damping. Worked like a charm. I recommend this for future 1.8t kits.
electical tape just doenst scream quality to me.

Still working on a better way to attach the breather filter. Once again. Jamming it in and just hoping it doesnt fall out doesnt sit well with me. Im thinking drilling a small hole after the o-ring seal and droping a cotter pin in.

ROCKRLR

You can pull out the hose fitting and use a small clamp. To me it seemed as if the hose was one piece but when I installed Manny's Viper I saw that the guy that did his Pflow had removed the fitting. I have had mine just jammed in since October, and it is still holding.

Cypher2k

On mine, if you pull the hose fitting off, you are left with a molded end that has too large of an inner diametre for the filter to fit into. Since its a hard plastic hose there is no way to clamp anything.
Only other thing would be to cut the whole fitting assembly off past the molded end and do it there.
But thats not as easily reversable. Is held on with tape for now. Ill do a pin for looks later.

Sudz

Originally posted by ROCKRLR:
Manny over oiled his MAF. He tried to botch up as much excess oil but it wasnt enough. MAF got fried. He called me early this morning from the dealer and I picked him up to take him to work since the dealer is 2 mins away from my job. He called me a few mins ago, MAF was replaced by VWoA, I am picking him up after work. Since he has got a 00 GTI MAF was going to die one way or another, at least now he can have piece of mind over a newer MAF.
Well, well, well...guess who else over oiled his Viper? Looks like I'll be calllin' the dealer shortly to see if I can get my MAF fixed. Other than my mistake, I'm lovin' it.
:(
Sudz