HKS SSQ BOV Limp mode with upsolute

bumbota111

I have an AWW 2001 golf, and I get limp mode with the upsolute chip with the HKS SSQ BOV. I bought my HKS SSQ BOV from Adrenalinmotorsports which offers APR and as well ECStuning has the same valve and offer the same chip. I have a friend with the same year car and he does not get limp mode at all or any problems with the HKS SSQ BOV with the APR chip... I have read as well on the vortex that im not the only one with this problem.. I know that my valve is working correctly and when I have my stock DV on it works fine.... I have not seen anyone with limp mode problems with other chips with the HKS SSQ BOV and the ones that do have problems have upsolute chips.. Im just wondering if upsolute is going to be coming out with a new bov chip or can help me out in some way.. I dont really want to switch to apr because I do really like the upsolute chip... I hope you guys can help me out...
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

I havent heard of many problems with 2002 with the HKS SSQ BOV. My other VW friend has upsolute with the HKS SSQ BOV and he does not have any problems at all... I hope some of this info will help you guys out in maybe developing something.... Alex or Valois if you guys have any input on this matter ill be watching this post... Like I mentioned before I really dont want to switch to another chip... THANKS A LOT ALEX & VALOIS..

bumbota111

Just wanted to as well add that I have been very patient with the problem and finally couldnt find any solution besides the chip... I have been having this problem for 4.5 months now..

bumbota111

Heres the old post as well of evidence that people who did go with other chips and didnt have any problems.... I just want everyone to know that I am not ragging on upsolute... Just hope you guys can find or develope a solution for me..
---------------------------------------------
Ned
I got an Adrenalin HKS BOV that suposedly works for my Golf 1.8T AWW. My car goes into limp, but when i put the stock dv back on its fine.. Im just wondering is it only upsolute chips that dont like the AMS BOV. So far i found out that no one had any problems with the HKS BOV with the APR CHIP.. And some did get it to work with their upsolute chip but those were people with 2002 1.8t. And is their a newer version of the chip, i had my chip for about 2 months now.
so far the only way i have got this to work is with the MAF unplugged no limp that way.. BUt i dont like the cool check engine light and the ASR.... IS THEIR A NEW PROGRAM???? THATS ONE OTHER THING I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW????
We have an update based on VW's latest update to the file. It should not affect operation at all. The chip has nothing to do with your BOV problems, the MAF does not like a BOV on this model, a dv setup is better.
I have a 2001 AWW 1.8T w/ K04 Upsolute software and the ECS HKS SSQV. I hit "limp mode" whenever I don't drive agressivly. I'm not entirly sure why, but it only happens when I'm using the upsolute chip. Since I have a vag-com I live with the "random limp mode" for the sound of the bov, and the smoothness of the upsolute chip. HOWEVER w/ my GIAC and WET K03 software w/ the HKS BOV I never *ONCE* had a limp mode, but I felt these chips were causing damage to my vehicle, and they didn't offer the support or quality that upsolute offers.

René

We have never tested this model of valve, we carry the hyperboost. If anything it's because the program is fine tuned on the mixture and is running lean with the BOV. We would need to know the code you are getting to be sure, I have no problem doing a program revision for it.

bumbota111

I am pretty sure my Rep still has my file... I can always ask him for the file.. Ill tell him to email it to you or ill email you the file
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

I just received my logs of the runs I did with my rep. I sent them to your email... If you did not get them let me know.... :) The message is called HKS BOV LOGS!!! There are TWO files in the zip...
[ 29 September 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Here are some sites, people with limp mode "upsolute"
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=295861
"16vracer"
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=406031
"1.8t caracterized"
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=464694
"not sure what chip but name is TuRbEeZy"
Others who dont have any problems...
"non-upsolute"
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=464694
"several in this site has the valve working but from my 4.5 months of reading and talking to others on vortex, the ones that do get limp mode are upsolute"
Some do have it working though with the upsolute

JUST SOME GOOD INFO, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET MY LOG EMAIL>> THANKS VALOIS
[ 30 September 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

I found these codes that were given off of "16vracer" post
17965 Charge Pressure Control Positive Deviation
17705 Pressure Drop Between Turbo and Throttle Valve.
I may have the same codes..... not sure though....
For your info: Only engine mods I have is the chip, Cold air intake, and hks bov
[ 30 September 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

garrettp

Sorry but Rene is in Canada on a personal trip that came out of the blue. he has been gone for a while but should be back by next monday.
as for the BOV i have only run into one instance where the HKS did not work on a car and we installed a Forge and it worked fine.
i will leave this question for Rene to field when he gets back and please forgive us for the delay in help.

bumbota111

check out my findings.... I am not the only one with this problem.... I still want a revision for the chip for my car so the bov can work with no limp and no problems... Valois mentioned about a revision.... But thanks for letting me know... hope he is having a good time...
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Once Rene is back and we get the needed information, we will imediately make a new revision of the file!

bumbota111

:) :) :) THANKS :D :D :D
Hey Alex I will send you a copy of my Logs as well.... Let me know if you get them....
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Thanks for the confirmation.... Let me know when my rep (WILL at emotiongarage) gets the file for the revision...(or tell him to give Ned a call..) Can't wait!!! :) Hopefully my problems will all go away thank you alex and valois :D
[ 11 October 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Here are a couple of pictures of the BOV on the car.... :D Giving you guys as much info I can about the valve hope this stuff can help you... thanks!!!!

Info on what i have on the car:
2001 Golf GLS 1.8T Indiglo blue 5spd/gti tail lights/joey mod headlights/adrenalin hks bov/upsolute/3 10" MTX blue thunder sub/MTX blue thunder amp/jvc sh99/hacked shifter/momo shift knob and boot/Japanese style pedals/neon floor lights/autometer boost gauge&pillar/ custom cold air intake/ montreal VW 16” rims/blitz turbo timer/apex 1.7 cup kit
[ 14 October 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]