HKS SSQ BOV Limp mode with upsolute

bumbota111

Thanks for the reply Valois... Hopefully I can get a revision soon.... Been having my problem for about a 7 months now, but have my sensor unpluged for of now so that limp mode does not occur.. Hope to hear from Alex soon....
Some heads up for Gnaex: This does not happen to all the cars just some unlucky few like myself.... I have several friends that I do know that run this valve with no problems with the upsolute chip.... I know some unlucky cars that I have read in the forums who have GIAC get Check engine light... Its like a gamble... I paid 315 for my hks valve... :eek: Too bad it dont work the way I would like it to.. WHY ME!!! :rolleyes:

GnaeX

Yeah, I think I'll give it a try. I just have to find a way on how to get the chip without having the car "ECU-less" for too many days :-o
I payed less for the BOV (used from eBay/jpn :))

bumbota111

posted 06 November 2002 14:29
I'm working on your problem, thanks again for your patience, you should have an solution within the next few days
Alex
technical support
UPsolute HQ www.upsolute.com
This was posted many weeks ago... I think its pretty much more than a few days and the revision still isnt done??.... I know that Alex may be busy but its been pretty long since i heard anything... :rolleyes: Like I said before I really hate to be the person who nags and B1itches but you gotta give me the benfit of the doubt that this is getting a bit ridiculous... :eek: Once again I am thankful that you guys are trying to help me out.. I hope to hear something this week about the revision... I am trying to handle this situation in the nicest way I can and I appologize if this sounds a bit blunt.... I hope you guys understand my frustration...
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I'm sorry for the delay, I really can understand your situation, and I really appreciate that you have been waiting so patiently. I'm now working on your file and will send Rene updated Versions for testing today!
again sorry for the delay
alex
[ 05 December 2002: Message edited by: Alex ]

bumbota111

Well, this one reply can make a person very happy... Great to hear! :D Just havent seen you around for sooo long and started to get discouraged... :)

bumbota111

Really hope you guys can finish the revision soon... Really want to have the problem fixed...
Just let me know when the revision comes so i can test right away... really want this thing working... thanks again!
One other thing, if you see this Rene (VALOIS), throw me a post so I know when its available for testing. Let me know if i would need to contact Will at emotiongarage.... if so ill be there at Will's in no time... Thanks guys!
[ 06 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

I see that Rene is in some trouble right now, but hopefully i hear something next week..... Wanna get tested and fixed, been waiting for way too long.... :) If anyone else knows anything about the revision and if i can get tested soon let me know....
[ 06 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Attention Alex and Rene!
Will received the files and we have started testing both files. Will is a really stand up guy and helped me all the way through. Just to let you guys know!! :D
Revision 1
Well, to begin, ill start with revision file 1. Will installed the chip we put it in the car and did the usual standard procedures when installing a chip of course.. Started up the car and it started to rev 1500... I hit the gas pedal and it would rev really fast and the rev would come down very very slow.... Its like im steping on the gas pedal but im not... But anyways being a bit afraid now and knowing this file is not testable... We decided to go with file 2
Revision 2
So far so good.... no limp mode yet for the day of driving that i have done..... Only thing is where did the power go???? The max boost level is at 17-18 not like before where it would max at 20-21??? Basically im about 2 pounds of boost off... Hopefully next revision will have the power back again... :(
Oh i also forgot to let you guys know that before when i did go into limp mode with the orginal chip it was usually in first and second gear of hard driving... It never seem to go into limp mode on the freeway...
Ill keep you guys posted on the revision file 2... Unless you guys have already come up with another revision??? :eek:
Thank you Alex and Rene for working with me on my problem... I also would like to really thank Will as well! :)
[ 09 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, so the files changed something, that is good :D. I thought that the rev. 2 would be the step into the right direction, so we should try to improve the boost again, please keep us posted about the fault code situation... thank you for your support, I will make an updated revision tomorrow...

bumbota111

as of right now i dont have a vag tool, ill drive for a couple of days and see what codes i get... Ill have my car checked for codes next time i revisit Will at emotiongarage for the newer revision thanks Alex!
[ 10 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Update!
Was not able to drive car yesterday due to a tire flat.... Drove 30 min today no limp mode yet and I drove it pretty hard... The car doesnt seem that smooth but it is smoother than before when it had the bov... Its smooth when im driving fast but as far as driving at lower RPM's, like lets say im shifting in first gear at 2500 rpm its not too smooth... (but people do say that there car isnt that smooth with the bov maybe its a regular thing ???) Its very smooth with maf unplugged hehehe... Maybe im shifting crappy....??? (might need to adjust BOV need to test more) Not complaining in this area too much it is a lot smoother than before.. Main thing is no limp mode for of right now... I dont have a check engine light or wierd lights triggering so far... but most of all, I really miss the power..... Ill test my shifting some more tommorrow when I get my new tire in... got side wall damage! :) Next revision need to remind Will to bring his laptop....
Let me know when new revised revision is in and ill get another appointment with the great Master Will at emotiongarage :tonguewink: ...
Thanks Alex by the way is Rene still without power.... He's missing my complaints heheh :tonguewink:
My wish list on revision :D
1.) Want power back really miss it :D :D :D (my main wish)
2.) Limp mode gone?? (Still in testing but I beleive so... I notice the bov is louder as well!! :eek:
[ 11 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Talk to a friend who has an upsolute for his awp engine and has an hks he said its sometimes a bit unsmooth... probably normal and told me to adjust...
so basically need to test more on making sure limp mode doesnt occur... :D
[ 11 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Update 2
Tighten the valve some more today. The car is way smooother on lower rpm shifts... Noticed that the boost gauge goes up to 16-17 pounds and settles at 13-14 pounds... Everything looks okay just the fact that I want the boost back to normal like the original chip... No limp mode yet
[ 12 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Just let me know when new revision is done and ready for testing Alex.... Just want to as well give you and Rene a big thanks for all your support and help with my problem...

bumbota111

Attention Alex!
Update 3!
Drove the car around today for about an hour... This is the second day of drving after the adjustment on the valve... The chipped does act quite strange or it maybe adapting... Here are the issues: During the first half an hour of driving I notice the boost would only max out at 16 then heading home i notice the boost came back up to 17-18 pounds max... Unfortunately on the way back home as well my old arch enemy came back "limp mode!" I hit limp mode again... :(