HKS SSQ BOV Limp mode with upsolute

bumbota111

As well, is there anything else i should know... should i not drive the car hard for a week and then test? that way i can let the chip adapt???
:eek:

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
So it means limp mode is back :( That's frustrating. Which condition the limp mode accured? High gear high load? Uphill? Just curious why the boost raised again. Maybe it would be a good idea to test the current version for one week...

bumbota111

Hey alex...
Well... I remember driving it hard on the way back home... It was a flat road.... I hit the gas pedal in first gear till i had 5000 RPM and Hit it again on 2nd gear till i hit 4700 rpm.... I saw the boost gauge hit max and settle then let go of the gas and shifted... I notice it hit limp mode when i was driving two blocks from my house... I made a turn in second gear and hit third gear and limp it was..... I as well remembered a little before it hit limp mode the boost raised and after another run the car went limp... :(
But anyways i think this time ill try to not boost that much and see if it does anything if i let the chip adapt??? Maybe not use to the parts???
:eek:
Ill also let my car start back fresh... I deleted the codes by unplugging my battery for 10 minutes... Car door open till i dont hear the peircing buzzing from my car and restarted...
Since i never got my codes deleted before hand...
[ 14 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]
[ 14 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Update!
Drove to costco to get my tire replaced today... Did the same thing again... started at max 16 when i first got on the freeway... It went back 18 max when i was about 1/4 way on the freeway towards costco when i was passing up a car... (drove 10 Miles Max)
heading home from costco filled up gas and about 1/4 way home the car went limp.... (drove 10 Miles)
[ 17 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]

bumbota111

Hey alex...
Just wanna give you a big thanks again for helping me out with my problem... Well i have been researching this problem for quite some time... I do as well have a thread that i started a while back ago... This proves that im not the only one out there... Just so you know im not just putting you on a run around.... Their are a total of 4 on this site including me that have the problem.... All have Upsolute with hks... I also had my Hks valve on my brothers AWD stock jetta and his car never went into limp mode... Too bad his car got totaled in a side crash from a drunken woman.... :eek: San Francisco drivers for you....
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=538471
I found this on vw vortex old post http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=248741
boostedvdub
"I installed the ECS BOV kit which uses the HKS on my stock AWD car. It kept putting my car in limp mode. It was also doing the same thing to another guy's car that had bought one around the same time I bought mine. I took the car to ECS and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. Once I got the APR chip installed it doesn't go into limp mode."
[ 19 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]