Upsolute in the UK

leon20VT

Eh? You've lost me there. I'm talking about the 180bhp 20v Turbo. They don't put that engine in the Toledo as far as I know. We've got a V5 Toledo as well as the Leon, do you chip that?

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Ok, you don't mentioned the turbo, so I thought you mean the model without turbo (shame on me ;))
Yes, we have already done all models (of the engine)
1.8 20V
125PS (without Turbo)
and the 150hp, 180hp, 210hp (Audi S3) and 225hp (Audi TT) turbo versions of this engine.
....alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

sjstrange

Hi Alex,
Currently i have a 96 year A4 1.8T. Will your chips work on this non DBW model.
If so i will be waiting until march before chipping. Do you think your UK distributer will be ok by then?
What would you say are the main differences between your chip and a superchip?
There are a few guys i work with keen on getting this done, so keep the pressure on to get your UK operation up and running, you won't regret it.
Cheers

sjstrange

Hi Alex,
Currently i have a 96 year A4 1.8T. Will your chips work on this non DBW model.
If so i will be waiting until march before chipping. Do you think your UK distributer will be ok by then?
What would you say are the main differences between your chip and a superchip?
There are a few guys i work with keen on getting this done, so keep the pressure on to get your UK operation up and running, you won't regret it.
Cheers

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Yes, the chips work fine on your car ;) I hope that we will find a solution until then. However we need always the help of our customers (and potential customers) to find reliable and good partners...
There are of course differences from one tuner to another. However they are not 'major'. The most important is the 'fine' tuning of an car, that it accelerates smooth but powerful... We have made comparisons to superchips, but I do not like to post the results ;) We find it not serious to talk about the competition. Best thing is you try our solution, and maybe you have a friend which has superchips, than you will see (or feel) the difference ;)
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

sjstrange

Alex,
Just curious, if i was to get you the appropriate serial no.s etc from my ECU could you mail the chip to me.
I work for an electronics company so the installation isnt a problem.
Is there anything else i am forgetting about?
Cheers
------------------
SJ

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
If you can give us the Bosch ECU number (something like 02610...) we can in 99% of all cases send the chip... Soldering is not easy since the chips are small SMD e-proms (flash)... So you need some SMD soldering tools, and some skills ;)
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

sjstrange

Just one more question. Is the Upsolute chip designed to be used with the uk standard unleaded petrol, or the uk version super unleaded. Super unleaded is about 89p per litre. Just a little too expensive ;)
If it is just tuned for ordinary unleaded my car is definitely going to be chipped in march/april time.
Cheers
------------------
SJ

René

sjstrange, I do not know the octane ratings for England, but with the 1.8T you should be running a minimum 91 Ron, and 93 is preferable, even if you are not chipped, with the chip you definately need to use the best fuel you can possibly find.

SmokinJoe

Valois,
In Europe minimum RON is 95 and premium is 98. That shouldn't be a problem here ...
But I feel safer with 98, no doubt!
Joe
------------------

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
It's always like:
You can use the 91 petrol, but will not benefit from the 'cheaper' gas, since if you use higher octane, the consumption will lower, and the power will raise... So price will be pretty much the same, but the driving fun will be higher at the higher octane ;)
We recommend to use the highest octane you can get....
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

sjstrange

Just want to clarify. But isnt the american standard for RON different to Europe. I think it is the same as (RON+MON)/2. This would always give a lower no than the european equivalent.
UK standard unleaded is 95 RON, this probably equates to a USA equivalent of 90-91.
By your previous comments our unleaded is probably ok to use but not the best.
Would there be any damage caused over a longer term using the "lower" grade of fuel?
Has the chip been thoroughly tested with this grade of fuel?
Cheers

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
The question is not so easy to answer...
It's like,
'is using a cheaper oil dangerous?'
or
'do I die earlier, when I only eat burgers?'
There are many things to calculate...
The engine will not drop when you use the lower octane, but you will not benefit from the whole power, and the car will run smother the higher the octane rate is.

We recommend to use the best oil and the best gas you can get. You will have more fun with your car ;)

...alex

------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

coddy

Hello Alex,
I've been in touch in the past via email regarding the possibility of an Upsolute dealership in the UK.
As the months pass by the car isn't getting any younger ( 95 Passat TDI GL estate) and I was wondering if it was worth hanging on in the hope of a dealership being established or following one of the other avenues (diy or sending it off)
I'd much rather visit a UK dealership and would be prepared to wait until summer if i knew that one would be up and running.
In the secretive world of business is it possible to give us something more to go on? Hope so...
Regards Dave

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
coddy,
I can not promise you that we will find a distributer till summer...I hope so, since we are really searching hard...but however it's not easy to find a reliable partner...
...alex

------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

coddy

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the reply.
I wish every success, I'm sure along with many others, in finding a quality dealership that suits all needs here in the UK.
I think I'll wait a while longer and see how things turn out towards summer.
Good luck.
Dave

1.8Turbonut

Alex,
Back in October you were confident of a dealer opening in the UK within a couple of weeks. What went wrong?
Maybe you could do a weekend 'roadshow' over here where you book a venue (with a rolling road) and try to sort out as many of us eager customers as you can?! i'm sure we'd make it worth your while