Upsolute: When will "switchable" model be available?

Y2KBUG

I read all the posts till now, but I stared months ago, but I don’t recall you saying how this was going to work. I am assuming that I will have to send in my ECU, and since I have chipped my ECU with you guys already and I take my ECU out myself, all I have to pay you is $125.00. Is this correct? :eek:

René

For present clients, the cost of the switch is $125.00........
If you ship the ECU, you will need to include $25.00 for express return overnight shipping. Simply schedule to upgrade with your closest distributor, remember that we have added allot of distributors since you were upgraded, check with me for the closest to you.

I think what Valois meant was the general labor and time and everything else involved with pulling the ECU, cracking the case, removing the chip, reprogramming, resealing the ECU, and reinstalling into the car. Don't forget the potential risk (however slight) of all of these things that the distributor takes on. Plus burns, bloody knuckles, grease, dirt, grime, cleanup rags, etc. that go with the trade. You are still getting a bargain. :)

turboner

i know this is an old topic but i did not see if it was ever made available to 2001 gti's if it was i'm going to get upped soon and would love the fact that i could switch programs...

Gaunty

Hi, this is my first post to this forum. Is this switchable chip now generally available, its a bit difficult to tell as the Upsolute web site only lists the single program chip, unless its the same price?
My car is the 2001 Audi A4 1.9TDI 130.

SPEED

can you post for which models the switchable program is available for? and if the '03 AWP isn't on there, can we get an ETA if and whenever it would be made for it?

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Generally all TDI modells of the V.A.G (Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda) are possible. Beside older models until the year 1996/97. Concerning the 1.8 T it depends on the modell year. With the year 2000/2001 most of the ECU's have 29F800 chips inside. For this models we do not offer the switchable solution at moment. Also the 996 has this chip inside. Beside this, at the 996 ECUs the chip is backside the CPU like Valois mentioned. This makes things not easier.
hope this helps :)

Ali

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
I really would like to give you an exact date, but it's impossible..since this does not only depends of us. There is no suitable chiptype available at moment. :(

skier013

Just got on this site. . Are the switchable chips up and running for everything? I just got a 2003 Jetta TDI :eek:
[ 08 December 2002: Message edited by: skier013 ]

skier013

What about chips and High altitude? I live at 8000' - any potential problems?

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
About your questions, yes they are available for the 2003 TDI models, and I don't know exactly how high 8000' are, but we also have some nice mountains here in Austria (Alps) so there should be no problem eaven if higher altitude means a little bit more stress for the turbo charger, there are safety features in the ECU protecting the turbo from damage...

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Ok, so the altitude is no problem, that's the same we have over here (our largest one is 3798 meters). We have a lot of customers in Salzburg (Skiing area) since we have a distributer there. Which skiing area are you refering to? Just curious (since I love skiing) :D

bumbota111

maybe looking at purchasing switchable model as well when all as fixed. Is it avaialble for the 2001 AWW engine?? That way I can bring my car in for service without them saying stuff...
:)
[ 12 December 2002: Message edited by: Bumbota ]