Upsolute: When will "switchable" model be available?

dommerdog

Everyboby sing!
"This is the thread that never ends
because it goes on and on my friend
Dommerdog asked for switchable
not knowing what it was
and people will keep asking for it
Foverever just because
This is the thread that never ends...."
Gee, I started this thread in June 2001!! :tonguewink:
[ 06 January 2003: Message edited by: dommerdog ]

nmb

Hi, I'm from portugal an I got My Audi A4 TDI 110cv '97 upsoluted by mr. Matti here. Can I still put the switchable one? Thankyou!
nuno borralho
Audi A4 TDI 110 (AFN)
143hp 292nm and loving it!

broomhill

Hi, Is the switchable chip available for a Rover 220SDi? If so how do I get my hands on it - I live in Ireland. It might be an idea for Upsolute to add some details to the website about these switchable chips!
Cheers.

Daso

What kind of programs would be available between the switches?
I have a suggestion if I may, If you could make a program that kills the car (cuts the fuel, ignition, etc...) this would be a pretty good anti-theft device. It would be directly linked to the ECU and wouldn't be by-passable like a regular kill switch. I'd definetly shell out extra to get this on a switchable chip.

Surfer_D

wow I just found this forum. Is the switchable chip also for 1.8T vehicles or not. Oh I drive Seat Ibiza 1.8T (feb 2002).
Engine code is APY.
Thanks
Replay fast, because in one week I'll be upsoluted!
[ 28 February 2003: Message edited by: Surfer_D ]

jim wilson

Originally posted by Surfer_D:
wow I just found this forum. Is the switchable chip also for 1.8T vehicles or not. Oh I drive Seat Ibiza 1.8T (feb 2002).
Engine code is APY.
Thanks
Replay fast, because in one week I'll be upsoluted!

Is it cable or wire throttle(look at throttle body)?

jasdman

OK I'll ask it here..
I want the switch Chip for my '99 Beetle TDI
I'm in Portland , Oregon
Where is it???
How Much??
Thx

Daso

... a program that kills the car (cuts the fuel, ignition, etc...) this would be a pretty good anti-theft device. It would be directly linked to the ECU and wouldn't be by-passable like a regular kill switch. I'd definetly shell out extra to get this on a switchable chip.
----------
No one responded to this? Would it be possible at all, cause as I said, I'd definetly pay for this.

Reading all about the up & excuse "A" switchable chip modes. Are the Dealers REALLY taking the ECU's out and looking for any chip or MODIFICATION & if it's true,does that mean we will have to pull our ECU's for any trip to the Dealer for Warranty work? I was told to just get chipped, & switch for any trip to the Dealer? HELP :eek: ALEX?
pss I've been contacted & regarding this post I am completely satisfied that the stock chip being in place should almost completely stop Even the most aggressive Service mgr from giving a hassle on Warranty Repairs. Thank you John & Upsolute for a quick & professional response to a delicate Subject :)
[ 18 April 2003: Message edited by: GaryJ ]