ABS/PSM Lights on Porsche 996TT

996Turbo

I have had a PSM/ABS light come on with the higher boost levels and power after programming. The dealers (2) are coming up with a MAF failure. They have replaced it three times and the problem comes back under hard acceleration (track and highway) the car runs better then perfect after the upsolute programming was done, but the dealers are suspicious of having had the car "chipped". Anyone else having this problem post-Upsolute?

René

Just to clarify, Cobra is seeing a CEL when under hard boost, it appears to be a MAF overlimit exceeded. When he shuts the car down and drives normally it clears the light, so tha MAF is not failing. We want to find out if any other Porsche 996 are seeing this, if so we will look into seeing if it's possible to extend the limit on airflow reported, or decrease the signal from the MAF, the actual code number would help immensly.

sharky

Originally posted by valois:
Just to clarify, Cobra is seeing a CEL when under hard boost, it appears to be a MAF overlimit exceeded. When he shuts the car down and drives normally it clears the light, so tha MAF is not failing. We want to find out if any other Porsche 996 are seeing this, if so we will look into seeing if it's possible to extend the limit on airflow reported, or decrease the signal from the MAF, the actual code number would help immensly.
Hi there Valois, I actually had the same lights come on after a few hard runs at the drag strip. And yes they went off after a restart. Please keep us updated in case we have to get any updates ;)
Thanks!

Valois,
For what it's worth, a similar thing with the ABS/PSM light happened to me (6 speed 996tt) and my friend (tip 996tt) both upsoluted the same day. The car is otherwise bone stock (no air filter, DVs or exhaust done...yet) I hope these are enough people having the same issues to prompt quick attention from your engineering dept.

y2khardtop

Mine is doing it as well. 2002 6-speed. Dealer says the check engine light came on as a MAF code during a mis-shift, which is possible. However, it came on about 6 or 7 times, and I never miss more than 1 shift per weekend (learning the limits, don't you know).
Anyway, the stability control AND ABS shut down, in the rain on stock tires, and in the dry on Dunlop slicks. I never had any of these problems prior to Upsolute.
However, I am VERY happy with the performance, but would like to get these issues worked through.
David Farmer

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
As Valois mentioned error codes would help us to find the problem... any chance to get them? Thanks

996Turbo

OBD2 Scan didn't have anything to offer. The Technician at the dealership using the Porsche PS2 showed me the readout, all that it said was MAF failure, the time, speed duration,and RPM

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, I will discuss with Rene, and we will try to find a solution...

René

Hey guys, Alex and crew are on Holidays until after the 1st of the year, but this is at the top of the schedule when they return.

sharky

Cool sounds good to me :) I've not had any issues since that time at the track and going to go and dyno on Saturday. Will post results...

996Turbo

Sharkey
Did you do a pre-mod dyno?. They give you a better indication of improvements by doing a pre and post dyno runs. Too many variables to just do a post and get an accurate assessment of increased HP

sharky

Originally posted by cobra06:
Sharkey
Did you do a pre-mod dyno?. They give you a better indication of improvements by doing a pre and post dyno runs. Too many variables to just do a post and get an accurate assessment of increased HP
Hey Cobra,
Unfortunately I didn't do a before... as for the after there was some mix up at the place and so it's going to happen on saturday instead. I agree with the variables etc.. If only I didn't have to use an AWD dyno ;) There are only two in california...
PS Thinking of an exhaust (sigh it's such a hard decision) and maybe headers next, does anything need to be changed with the DME?

996Turbo

Sharkey
Take a look at the new G-tech.
Its a nice unit, I just got one, but haven't had a chance to use it. Allows you to road dyno, and download to your computer for analysis. Has shift lights, cornering limit lights, HO & TQ.
I have done an exhaust, GT2 intercoolers, K24 hybrid turbos, Still runs great, but I think it has more potential. I sent Upsolute ,the best info I could get on my current A/F to update my programming for the current mods. Waiting to hear back.
G-Tech

sharky

Originally posted by cobra06:
Sharkey
Take a look at the new G-tech.
Its a nice unit, I just got one, but haven't had a chance to use it. Allows you to road dyno, and download to your computer for analysis. Has shift lights, cornering limit lights, HO & TQ.
I have done an exhaust, GT2 intercoolers, K24 hybrid turbos, Still runs great, but I think it has more potential. I sent Upsolute ,the best info I could get on my current A/F to update my programming for the current mods. Waiting to hear back.
G-Tech
Sounds like you went to town pretty good there on the mods :) Which exhaust did you go with?
I liked the old G-Tech, although it gave out some crazy numbers on the Turbo one night. 3.11 0-60 and 11.3 1/4mile. It was cold that night but the next day I ran 11.8 @120 at the drag stip. I'll probably give the new one a try, it seems to have many more features. Either way this saturday I'm going to do the dyno and hopefully then I can have upsolute do a custom tune job. Are you getting it done for 91, 93? It would be great to have a 100 race program but only it/when a switchable version arrives :(