ABS/PSM Lights on Porsche 996TT

René

ABS lights are normal on a dyno, as there is no info comming from the rear wheels. So if it only occured on the dyno, it may be fixed. Keep us up to date Cobra. THanks.

996Turbo

I did a dyno run this time using the new G-tech accelerometer (on the road) so it wasn't done on a roller Dyno. After sharkeys story, I'M gunshy.
I'll keep you posted.
Sharkey, I put some sound clips up of the exhaust, let me know what you think.

Turbo Exhaust

sharky

Originally posted by cobra06:
I did a dyno run this time using the new G-tech accelerometer (on the road) so it wasn't done on a roller Dyno. After sharkeys story, I'M gunshy.
I'll keep you posted.
Sharkey, I put some sound clips up of the exhaust, let me know what you think.
Turbo Exhaust
Good man. Stay the HELL away froM AWD dynos... Feel free to drop the front drive shaft and do a RWD but I've been messing with the new g-tech and it really does seem like a good "source" if not totally accurate.
Oh my... I just heard those clips. That's racecaresque and if you've gotten rid of the Fabspeed window shaking resonation to boot it seems like you're really on to something. I'm going to show that clip around :) It's always so hard to judge with a sound clip that's been compressed etc... but seriously that sounds so darn good.
[ 09 February 2003: Message edited by: sharky ]

René

In that case we will need to take it just a bit further it sounds like. As it's harder to trigger now I think we are going in the right direction. Thanks for the input guys, and for your patience.

Renee,

It sounds like version 2 has a better A/F ratio and better response than V1. When can I overnight you my ECU? I also plan to go with Cobra's exhaust, CAN'T WAIT!!
Konrad :D

sharky

Originally posted by valois:
In that case we will need to take it just a bit further it sounds like. As it's harder to trigger now I think we are going in the right direction. Thanks for the input guys, and for your patience.
I think the guys in Europe still have my version 1 file. Hopefully it'll be ready soon so I can pay Lanny a visit. I can go back to the track and see if I can better 11.6. I am guessing with my new exhaust, version 2 with better A/F I just might :)

Hi guys,
Put the ECU back on last night, and drove it to work this morning. I did a few acceleration tests (careful "mashing" the throttle in 2nd gear, as all wheels spin) in different gears, trying to trip the lights and I was....................UNSUCCESSFUL, INNEFFECTIVE and FRUITLESS.
That is, no lights came on :D, and I was glad to drive my car again. Of course, I am probably not the best guy at doing this, since I only had the problem previously a couple of times.
Anybody know a fool(me)proof way to get the ABS/PSM lihgts triggered?
Thanks for the Upgrade (thus far) Rene!
-Konrad
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: Konrad 996tt ]

996Turbo

No, that was versions 1.0 and 2.0. I was responding to Konrad, on how I was able to get the fault to occur.
Is there now enough feedback to say that version 3.0 is a go?

René

Version 3 is on 3 platforms now , no reports of the light, we'll have to see, but given your patience and willingness to help it looks like it's been worked out. I appreciate it guys.