ABS/PSM Lights on Porsche 996TT

996Turbo

I'm going to use the New G-Tech competition for Gains, after hearing Sharkeys horror story I'm a little Dyno shy...
I have been getting consistent results with the New model G-tech and I have good baseline HP.

sharky

Originally posted by cobra06:
I'm going to use the New G-Tech competition for Gains, after hearing Sharkeys horror story I'm a little Dyno shy...
I have been getting consistent results with the New model G-tech and I have good baseline HP.
Hey man, I wouldn't do the AWD dyno either :) Just g-tech it (I got mine in the mail today btw) and let me know how it goes. I'm near the LA area and hopefully Lanny will have that updated file for me soon and I'll do the same thing as you :) I can do better than 11.6 now...

996Turbo

We had a rain then freeze, so the roads are a sheet of ice, not a good time to do a hard acceleration test. It should be warmer tomorrow, and I'll put it to the test.

996Turbo

So far-sooo good. I think it has a bit more seat-of-the pants kick to it as well.
I'll dyno this week.
Thanks guys, you've been great.

gthompson

I just had my car completed last night, 996 tt and I am getting the ABS/PSM lights under hard acceleration. This happened with the new file that cobra 06 received. It happens when I have the PSM on or off. Like everyone else when the car is restarted it resets. The dangerous part is when those lights come on you lose the PSM and ABS for the rest of the trip until you turn off the car.
George

René

I talked to Austria this morning and they are not positive they incorporated the new modifications in your file, even though it was requested, one of the programmers might have based it on the older file. Ali is checking it out.

gthompson

Thanks, valois
Please let me know what you find out.
On another note, I just bought a Yamaha R1, at 3000 RPM the front wheel comes off the ground and at 3/4 throttle you can barely hang on. It is the only thing in life that scares me to death. The factory 996 tt is fast, but now after the chip, 3rd gear full throttle, your well over 100mph and wondering if you should go to 4th, 5th or 6th. its just like the R1. Any more horsepower than this, would be uncontrollable.
George

996Turbo

Well
I took my car out to do a couple of dyno runs and the dreaded psm/abs light came on. 1.0 BAR 120 mph under acceleration in 4th gear. Only happend once, and didnt happen after. Good news Air/Fuel ratio is now 12.7:1

996Turbo

Well
I took my car out to do a couple of dyno runs and the dreaded psm/abs light came on. 1.0 BAR 120 mph under acceleration in 4th gear. Only happened once, and didn't happen after. Good news Air/Fuel ratio is now 12.7:1

sharky

Well
I took my car out to do a couple of dyno runs and the dreaded psm/abs light came on. 1.0 BAR 120 mph under acceleration in 4th gear. Only happend once, and didnt happen after. Good news Air/Fuel ratio is now 12.7:1
did you get slightly better times with the new version (any more noticeable hp?)? The AF sounds good... Mine seems to hold only .9bar most of the time so it's been upped to 1.0bar that's good news :)

996Turbo

Sharky
I picked up an additional 40 HP. I think some of it is from my new Ver 8.0 exhaust, some form the programming. I see 1.1 BAR, stabilizes at 1.0 BAR

sharky

Sharky
I picked up an additional 40 HP. I think some of it is from my new Ver 8.0 exhaust, some form the programming. I see 1.1 BAR, stabilizes at 1.0 BAR
Deary me! That's so cool... I can't wait to get version 2.0. Also I have my fabspeed on now so things will get better there. In summer I'll probably get on board with your project (I saved the stock exhaust).

René

Cobra, would you say that it's harder to trigger now than before? Are we in the right direction on it with the new file?

996Turbo

It is definitely harder to get it to trigger. Before the update it was any high-boost acceleration. Now it seems it is the high-speed, high boost (1.0) acceleration. And I was only able to get it to happen once...Belive me, I tried hard to get it to reproduce. I think you're on the right track. Drivability remains excellent. No surges or drop-outs. The killer is it really runs well, I just think the MAF is not up to the increased airflow. BTW, when I questioned the Porsche Tech, he did say that the PSM/ABS is still functional, and there is no safety issue. It is just a millisecond warning to alert the driver of the fault.

sharky

It is definitely harder to get it to trigger. Before the update it was any high-boost acceleration. Now it seems it is the high-speed, high boost (1.0) acceleration. And I was only able to get it to happen once...Belive me, I tried hard to get it to reproduce. I think you're on the right track. Drivability remains excellent. No surges or drop-outs. The killer is it really runs well, I just think the MAF is not up to the increased airflow. BTW, when I questioned the Porsche Tech, he did say that the PSM/ABS is still functional, and there is no safety issue. It is just a millisecond warning to alert the driver of the fault.
I still have version 1, but I forgot to mention that last week I had something that seemed like a fuel cut for the first time. I was getting on it really hard on a VERY cold night and it hit 1.0 bar then dropped to .4 bar instantly.... Not sure what happened.