DTC 17963 w/ BT File

Turbo Bora

Forgive me, but that sounds like a pretty good improvement right there with no DTCs and CELs. I am glad that Upsolute is able to continue to help people that have the right mindset on custom tuning. I have been following this post for quite some time.

Glad to hear that so far you are reporting good specs on the last file.

Keep going....

turbowolf

Yes, no DTCs (other than misfire & occasional bank 1 below threshold) is improvement, indeed. Timing pull, although I guess within spec, worries me. It's seeing too much knock and I'm assuming that is causing the throttle plate to close @ WOT.

turbowolf

I'm going to hunt around and find some high octane gas and run some numbers with that. I use 93 exclusivly, but 100 + should be interesting!!

vagspeed

I'm going to hunt around and find some high octane gas and run some numbers with that. I use 93 exclusivly, but 100 + should be interesting!!

I don´t know why all of you have all those errors, all the kits that we have install here in Spain are runing with boost valve in different ways, the modern engines run the boost valve in over boost mode, to cut the peak boost at 1.4 bar , the best compromise between pòwer and fiability in a gt28rs. We are obtaining 310-330 hp Engine power with the 0.64 trim in seat leon cupra-r, seat leon 1.8T 180 vt and vw golf gti.

turbowolf

[/QUOTE]I don´t know why all of you have all those errors, all the kits that we have install here in Spain are runing with boost valve in different ways, the modern engines run the boost valve in over boost mode, to cut the peak boost at 1.4 bar , the best compromise between pòwer and fiability in a gt28rs. We are obtaining 310-330 hp Engine power with the 0.64 trim in seat leon cupra-r, seat leon 1.8T 180 vt and vw golf gti.

[/QUOTE]

1.4 bar is right, but I'm wondering what difference there is between Euro emissions & North American emissions?? Might be the difference because there is nobody in the United States who is happy with this software!

turbowolf

Last entry for me on this forum;
What is happening with my car is that (evidently) Upsolute did raise requested boost with the latest file. I am no longer seeing the 17963 DTC overboost code. However, as the RPM reaches approximately 4500 rpm, the requested & actual boost (block 115) reverse. IOW, below 4500 RPM it is requesting more boost than the turbo is actually producing. But at 4500 rpm, actual boost spikes higher than requested boost to where the variation between actual & requested becomes too much. This variation remains to redline. As a result, the throttle plate closes roughly 55% and remains as such to redline. Not good. This was also happening with file # 39 as I have had a good look at old logs with that file. Scott Ramsey noticed this as well. Knock seems to be OK, but timing is at the limit and not very safe. Car does produce decent power, but not as good as it could, or should.
Thanks to all for input and advise, especially Scott Ramsey for his expertise and assistance.

27psiBoom

requested is higher than actual on all big turbo softwares, that help decrease spool up time to a minimun, but if your throttle plates still closes then requested boost is still lower than actual after 4500rpms, if this is the case upsolute need to work the WOT boost map, I tried to help people with big turbo files but it's almost impossible being so far away from the customers and Austria.

turbowolf

Yes, that is the problem, Alan. But there are other issues with this software too, only not as obvious. I can't believe this situation is exclusive to my car alone. Also, now for me, the nearest Up dealer is 2 & 1/2 hours away, I just can't keep running up to him for trials.