Update: Revised VR6 file with Pipercross Viper

garrettp

knockworst, this is for you...

Knockwurst

I was completely surprised . . . the BMW and I merged onto the highway side by side, we both hammered it * I was in the second gear sweet spot * and pulled a full car length ahead of him and stayed there till 125-130. Finally, I moved over to let him pass. I’m still astonished with my car’s performance
Rene – I’m dropping by this weekend so you can see for yourself :D
[ 19 December 2001: Message edited by: Knockwurst ]
[ 19 December 2001: Message edited by: Knockwurst ]

ROCKRLR

Congrats Chris, I envy you!
I cant wait to get mine. Chris, BALLIN AUDI, told me that he should be getting the 4bar FPRs this Friday.
Phishy when are you getting yours?

Knockwurst

This is a speeding ticket waiting to happen :D
Phishy asked a very good question – how do we determine which file to use? With the additional fuel pressure, we should be able to handle the leanest of the files, correct? Actually, I’m not sure if I want to give this chip revision back. Rene what's your thought on this?

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I agree to Valois... never touch a running system :D Anyway it will be verry interesting to know it the FPR will do it allone...(ROCKRLR)

ROCKRLR

Originally posted by Alex:
Anyway it will be verry interesting to know it the FPR will do it allone...(ROCKRLR)
I hope the Upsolute VR6 file with the 4 bar FPR do the trick as well. I am getting EPC and ASR lights whenever I drive now. Maybe my MAF is finally going KAPUT? Those lights are associated with DTCs that say something about a load balance crosscheck exceeded, and implausible MAF reading. I got them thrice before, with a long period between them. Now they occur whenever I drive. If the FPR doesnt cure those, I will have to go back to stock and take her to the dealer. Thank God for extended warranties! Since I am running a 'regular' VR6 file I dont think they will catch I am chipped, I hope they dont blame it on the exhaust or my stereo!

Knockwurst

Rene – everything is running in tip top shape. Should I look at some other components to ensure all is well? I haven’t experienced any CELs or stored DTCs, gas mileage is very good, performance is outstanding, and I’m not blowing any smoke . . . can you think of something else I should be monitoring? Maybe I should relax a little.
ROCK – I’m sorry to hear of your difficulties :(

Phishy

I have a non-viper file installed last September, should I be looking for a different file to run when/if I get the FPR?
Since everyone is posting kill stories here's mine: It was really ICY last night and I passed a Blazer sliding backwards down a hill :D