Upsolute visits the UK on 24th-25th of March

I am interested in having my Bora TDI 110 chipped, but have a few questions.
Will you be removing the old ecu chip and soldering on a socket then inserting the replacement chip ? I thought that the chip was a surface mount type.
Will it be easy for us to put the original chip back in place ?
Does the upgrade take long ?
Thanks
[This message has been edited by RoadRunner (edited 03-09-2001).]

René

Feel free to spread the word, as Alex said to get the best price it's a matter of numbers. We rely on our customers to setup and host GTG's most of the time, make sure you guys make some time for Alex and the crew to have a good time while they are there. In my mind that would involve a good pub. :)
------------------

Turbo Rick

You'd better all hope for a morning slot if Alex and the boys are going to the pub!! I'd like to see their soldering skills after a few pints.
I thought you were able to flash upgrade the ECU's, wouldn't this be easier and faster than removing and resoldering the ECU?
Rick.
------------------
Diamond Black Golf 1.8T
eurodubs.com

leon20VT

So you guys are going to be in Leighton Buzzard? Do you realise this is in a school playground!? Anybody know the roads around there? The A6 looks nice and straight!
Anyway, I should be able to get down (I live up North!)
I've only got about 3500 miles on the clock - will this be OK? I'll get an oil change done and put in some Mobil 1...
Turbo Rick - they flash the chips by removing them from the motherboard, saving config then reflashing using a eeprom reader type thingy, from what I understand...
Hey Alex, if I bring the cpu out of the wife's Toledo V5 can I have 2 for the price of 1?

[This message has been edited by leon20VT (edited 03-12-2001).]
[This message has been edited by leon20VT (edited 03-12-2001).]

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We can make both ways, whatever you prefer ;) We can use sockets, and you can easily exchange the chips (without soldering) or we can flash the chips (if you prefer)...
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

coddy

Hi Alex,
Great to hear about your visit.
You can add me to the list please.My car is an elderly Passat 1.9 TDI Estate 1995 90 BHP which is looking forward to a more rapid Upsoluted return to the North after the event. Can't wait....

I'll be arriving at the Autojumble at about 1400 hrs on Sunday 25th March ( complete with driver, due to wrist surgery !!)
Thanks for finding the time to offer your services.
See Ya there.
Dave (Coddy)
Ps. Is there any more information about the car that you require ?

leon20VT

The part no of my ECU is '06A 906 032 DE' according to my VAG-COM software.
Is this the same as the TT part?
Have you had your TT on the rollers recently?
What power are you getting?

shakini

Alex,
Can you give me a quick list of which cars in the VAG family you will be able to chip on the weekend? I was going to post the info about the Upsolute GTG on the ClubGTI forum and just wanted some more information of which cars you want to do over the weekend.....
Let me know quick, we havn't got much time left! ;)
Shakini.

GeoffT

Alex,
Would you prefer to make specific appointments or can we just turn up at any time?
Also do you have any idea yet on what the cost will be? I know it depends on the numbers, but could you give us a rough idea e.g :
£X if 10 or less cars
£Y if 10-20 etc. etc.
Thanks
Geoff

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We are currently expecting some troubles with this date, everyone recommends the fest in May (eaven the Autometrix guyes). Also the foot and mouth desaster does not make things easier for us. We need to work out if we will have power supply at the fest... still waiting for the answer of the responsibles...
Hope everything will work out fine... keep you informed...
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

1.8Turbonut

Sorry to hear of the problems, it's very unfortunate that the May event clashes with the one in Austria. Is it not possible to do both?
However, by May there will probably be a ban on travelling inside Europe due to F&M!
Do you just need power for your laptops or other equipment. We all have 12v sockets in our boots (trunks!) you know!
My Golf came last week, it has an AUM engine, what does that mean as i have just heard of AWD/AWW????

unionjack

Actually, the September date sounds better for me. I definately want to be booked in for that!
PS.. where in England is the Sept event you refer to?

[This message has been edited by unionjack (edited 03-16-2001).]

MikeM

Alex & all,
I'm having a quiet nervous breakdown just now. At present, the way things are, I may well not be able to get there next Sunday!
The car has been off the road for about a week with mysterious problems to do with not starting/starting poorly/cutting out/low on power when running. I've crawled all over the Vortex & Fred's looking for clues (Relay 109 (done)/fuel-cutoff valve O ring (ordered)/Replacing the fuelfilter with one from VW (done).
Still getting lots of air bubbles travelling back up the clear pipe from the engine to the f.filter and no start/very hard to start.
Mike
Exeter

1.8Turbonut

Alex,
Its gone very quiet from your end, are we still OK for the weekend?? Any possibility of you attending both May events?
That last post from you was very concerning. Most of us will need permission from our other halves to spend the day (and the months mortgage payment)with other like minded people on Sunday. So the more notice the better!
If it goes ahead, is 1000 miles enough to be chipped?
Any more idea on prices, As GeoffT asked:
£X if 10 or less cars
£Y if 10-20 etc. etc.
Please put a smile on my face this Monday morning

GeoffT

Alex,
With the uncertainty of your last posting on this I'm afraid I am cancelling my appointment for this Sunday. We have other family things to do and I can't justify postponing them when it seems you might not be coming anyway. Hope you can sort out a UK dealer soon.

Geoff

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
We are currently trying to get a feedback from Autometrix. The e-mail reply was that we should come in May, nothing about power supply or what happenes in case of rain. We tried to reach them by phone, but the lady promised us that someone will call us back (which not happened till now). We will try to reach them again. The flights are still booked, but until we have no feedback about the power/rain situation we are not sure what to do.
We are thinking about blowing the Austrian event to visit the UK for the May date ;) Of course we do not whant to disapoint you by not comming now!
So also a feedback what you think about moving the event to the May GTI date would help us to make the final decition...
thank you for your understanding
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com