Upsolute visits the UK on 24th-25th of March

shakini

Alex and All,
OK - lets blow this Sunday and get the proper GTI International in May sorted then! This will give us ample time to organise things a little better. I still havn't sent emails out to the other forums since this weekend wasn't 100% confirmed. But if we can definitely agree to May, and you can get the issues with power/rain sorted (which shouldn't be an issue for the main GTI International, i'm sure they will be able to cater for all your needs then!) we should delay proceedings until then. What do my fellow dubbers say to this?
Shakini.

1.8Turbonut

My thoughts:
A little disappointed if Sunday does not happen, mainly for selfish reasons - i live in York and the May date will be more of a drive.
But, two months isn't long at all, and if waiting means that the event is better supported then everyone wins. We should all get better prices and Alex will have more happy customers. Plus the added benefit of the weather and more to see and do after the chip is done.
Don't suppose you fance visiting the Doncaster show in April(7/8), that event is quite big (Max Power isn't it?)!!!
Im happy whatever, as long as you come in the end!

coddy

Alex,
I think that due to the uncertainty created, the GTI International 1 on May 12/13th would be the better option. Looking at my diary the May weekend looks clear at the moment so I will be able to get there for the Upsolution.
Can you please make a decision quickly as I do not want to upset the plans of other people are involved.
Thanks Dave

MikeM

Alex 'n all,
May sounds fine, this coming Sunday just wasn't going to happen for me. Replaced the o ring this evening and had the car booked in to the VW dealer tomorrow for a quick diagnostic ... but now she won't start period ... enough white smoke to lose yourself in ... and a dead battery.
Yup, May sounds just fine provided it is the 12/13 and not the one before.
http://www.autometrix.co.uk/GTIInternational.html
Good, 12/13 it is.
So ... mothering Sunday, here I come!
Mike
Exeter

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
Ok, since this feedback, we decided to visit the GTI 1 in May!
Sorry to all who are disappointed that we will not come this weekend, but I'm sure everything will be much smoother in May....
So we will definately show up on May 12/13 at the GTI International 1 at the regular venue, TRL, Crowthorne, Berks.
thank you all for your feedback, it made finally our decition easy ;)
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

unionjack

We'd all better get baseball caps, 1000W + stereos, a Kenwood sticker and remove a windscreen wiper, or they'll never let us into GTI International!
It might be a good idea for someone to keep check of who is 'booked in' for the May date so Alex can work out in advance what he needs to bring chips wize

shakini

Alex,
How much exposure do you want at the GTI International then? Its a huge event, so along with us people who have agreed in advance for the chipping, there will be many more people 'on the day' who may decide to go for the chipping too. As far as I can tell, I don't think any other tuners at GTI International will be chipping, so you are at an advantage straight away! (dubbers, please correct me if I am wrong!)
If you want some major exposure, (and can handle the volume of people) it may be an idea to advertise in one of the UK VW magazines. Since the GTI International goes over 2 days, you could agree to chip all of us on the forum on one day, and do the rest of the people (those who turn up on the day and those that respond to the advert) on another. Just a thought.... Let me know what you think of this idea....
Shakini.

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
In anyway, people of this board get priority (and the better price ;)) I think it's an good idea to make all board members together, this would give us a better overview who is who ;)
really looking forward to meet you all ;)
...alex
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com

shakini

Alex,
I know its been asked before by a few people on this board, but can you give us a little idea of cost for the chipping? We don't need an exact figure, maybe an upper limit that you guys won't go over. Something like;
" The people on this board won't get charged any more than £XXX, but will be less depending on numbers "
It would give me (and others, im sure) a chance to budget accordingly in May!
Cheers Alex. Look forward to seeing you soon too... ;)
Shakini.

Turbo Rick

You need a few people to do the quarter mile before and after chipping. That would be a good advert if the times drop dramatically.
Rick.

leon20VT

Turbo Rick - that's just what I was thinking today!
Can anybody supply some bald sticky rubber ie. Yokos etc.
1st run - standard car/tyres/take it easy
2nd run - chipped/bald tyres/give it shit!!
I'm sure that would generate you plenty of interest Alex ;)
I'll come down with a laptop and VAG-COM software as well....

Hi Alex, sorry about this weekend.
I'am up for the may GTI meeting.
As I live 3mins from TRL if you need any info
on local amenities let me know .
Any idea on price yet!
By the way my car is a 110 TDI

------------------

marriedblonde

Bit late in responding but may is better for me also as I'm not sure if my car will be back from the dealers for this weekend. Book me in for may 100%

unionjack

Not really my call to do so being a 'newbie' but I've started up a newer thread solely concerning the May visits and who has what type of engine so we can perhaps compile a list of who will be going.
Then Alex & Co can work out how many of what type of chip they need to be bringing
Graeme

Alex

Technical Support
Mitarbeiter
Administrator
I'm glad everybody is seems to be able to join the may date ;)
About the price I would say if the ECU is removed by yourselve, the price would be arround Euro 270.00 (for board members only). For ordinary visitors the price will be 330.00 Euros...
The 270.00 is calculated out of 10 cars.
If we get more cars, we can make an eaven better price ;)
...alex
PS: The currency calculator is offline, so I'm unable to calculate the values in Pounds...sorry for that
------------------
Alex
technical support
www.upsolute.com